Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2013 19:00

Need Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi driver for my XPS L702X

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 8 x64 on my XPS 17 (L702x) and while I was installing all drivers I couldn't find the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi. I can provide my service tag if needed.

P78KY 1 Kit, Software, Creative, PANZER, 1.2, W#2

In my original system configuration that's the part number identifying my purchase of this software stack. I installed the Dell Digital Delivery software and it did nothing, and I don't see this listed under "My Dell Downloads" either.

Can you help me find the files?

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 1st, 2014 19:00

I wanted to see if you guys ever had the chance to upload the media?  

Hasnix put a zip file on the internet here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-svayjLRgjeQW5Ud05ta0s4Ukk/edit?pli=1

Have you tried the earlier suggestion from natakuc4 and looked in "My Down Downloads", or tried "Dell Digital Delivery"?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 13th, 2013 05:00

The installer will be in My Dell Downloads:

https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/Welcome.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fweb%2fmain.aspx 

Ensure you use 32 bit Internet Explorer or My Dell Downloads likely won't work.

8 Posts

October 13th, 2013 14:00

Hi Natakuc4,

I did do that in IE 10 and Chrome and it works in both. All I see is the following:

Adobe Reader - multiple languages

Roxio Creator Starter

Stage-Framework

Dell Webcam Central

Stage Music

McAfee

Stage - Photo/Music

All of the bloated crapware that I never used but no link to download the Creative SB X-Fi software pack. I tried to send an email to Dell support but I am out of warranty now. I wish I had tried this within the year of the warranty I was always able to get all the software from Dell's support website in the past.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 13th, 2013 14:00

Have you tried Creative directly?

8 Posts

October 13th, 2013 15:00

Not sure I follow, you mean contact Creative customer support? No.

http://us.store.creative.com/Sound-Blaster-XFi-MB3/M/B00CWMCJAS.htm this is basically it.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 13th, 2013 15:00

The Creative Website support section has drivers however it seems to be broken when I try to get on their support website.

8 Posts

October 17th, 2013 20:00

I got in touch with creative support and the provided a new activation key. However, they mentioned that since its an OEM system I need to get the software binary from Dell. Is there any link to the creative sb x-fi mb software on dell's ftp servers?

8 Posts

October 20th, 2013 23:00

I found my original Dell CD with Creative Software... I can share the software binary for other Dell users if you like. They would need their own Product Key to activate the software.

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 19:00

could you plz share I cant find the software for my dell xps. I have the code still. thanks!

8 Posts

October 30th, 2013 23:00

I would but its not giving me an option to attach files.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 31st, 2013 06:00

an option to attach files.

Hello. When you are replying there are 3 tabs at the top: Compose, Options, and Preview. The Options tab on mine says "File Attachment (Click to Add)". I have never used that function and don't know if it is working or what the size limit is.

Another way to do it is for holyfires to go to hasnix's profile page -- you do that by clicking on his/her name in blue letters -- and there click Add as Friend. That allows you to send a private message that can contain your e-mail address if hasnix is willing to e-mail the file.. (Posting an e-mail address on the public part of the forum is against Dell's rules.)

8 Posts

October 31st, 2013 15:00

[quote user="hasnix"]an option to attach files.

Hello. When you are replying there are 3 tabs at the top: Compose, Options, and Preview. The Options tab on mine says "File Attachment (Click to Add)". I have never used that function and don't know if it is working or what the size limit is.

[/quote]

All I see is, "Make post a suggested answer".

Please PM me and I can send it to you via an another method (e.g. Dropbox), the file size is 127 MB. 

It would be nice though if Dell can host these files on their FTP server.

Regards,

Haznix

8 Posts

October 31st, 2013 20:00

There is a "Files" tab in my profile but after the file upload is complete, I hit 'Add File' and it bails out with invalid file. I have tried different extensions but no avail.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 1st, 2013 04:00

You can also upload the files to SkyDrive and make a link for others to view them.

2 Posts

March 1st, 2014 08:00

I am running into the same problem and I wanted to see if you guys ever had the chance to upload the media?  

Also, did you just use the original Windows7 CD that came with the code?  It seems like there should be an updated Win8/8.1 component.  

Thanks!

No Events found!