Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2012 07:00

Need Synaptic Touchpad drivers for Dell XPS L502X for Win-8-Pro

Hello,

I need Synaptic touch pad drivers for my DELL XPS L502X for Windows-8 Pro.

I cannot find those in the official dell drivers download page.

Without those drivers, my touch is not double touch to scroll up/down.

Please help.

Thanks,

Harsh

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 10th, 2012 07:00

14 Posts

November 11th, 2012 05:00

once again you have helped me and resolved my problem.

Thank you "NATAKUC4 ".

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Harsh

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 11th, 2012 06:00

Great glad to help. :)

12 Posts

November 19th, 2012 04:00

I have same problem and it is solved with your guidance...

Thank you so much...:)

14 Posts

January 17th, 2013 20:00

The touchpad driver is not a fully functional one. It can perform most gestures but there are a few, very frustrating missing gestures.

Firstly, the left edge swipe to multitask does not work. This is a common and a key functionality in Windows 8, and although the driver has an option to enable it, the gesture does not work with the option enabled or disabled.

Secondly, the Fn+F3 button does not disable the touchpad like it's supposed to. Previously pressing the Fn+F3 button will trigger an orange light above the touchpad and disable it. But the new driver only triggers the orange light and does not disable the touchpad at all. I have already installed the latest Dell QuickSet for Windows 8.

So no, the question is not answered. These functionalities are crucial for a lot of us, and we paid A LOT of money for the XPS, so we expect only the best service from Dell. Please come up with a proper, fully functional, dedicated Windows 8 driver for the L502X.

1 Message

January 31st, 2013 08:00

Completely agree.

May 11th, 2013 16:00

Exatly same problem with me ,,,,, plzz inform me if you get any solution of this frustrating problem....

5 Posts

August 31st, 2013 12:00

Warning to anyone else trying this in Windows 8

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19494393/20440699.aspx#20440699

This pretty much wrecked my Windows 8 and even using system restore did not work

Apparantly Synaptics Generic driver works pretty well, available from their website

November 7th, 2014 06:00

This is so true! Especially the Fn+F3 combo. I upgraded to Windows 8 a few days ago from Windows 7 on an XPS 17 L702X. So much disappointment in the drivers.

I've resorted to installing the latest driver from Synaptics (version 17.0.19, which was released on October 17, 2013!!!, over a year ago) but the driver is NOT SIGNED by Synaptics. They FORGOT to sign the driver installation package, which makes it fail (silently!) when installed. Although one can disable Windows' driver signature verification and hence force the installation, the settings will never be saved: if you don't like the defaults, well, it's too bad because you can't change any single setting. Or you could but it wouldn't be saved. I managed (I don't remember how) to get and install version 17.0.6.3, which is the latest correctly-signed driver.

I can't understand how Dell can fail to provide a custom driver for its systems, even less how Synpatics can put out a faulty driver and never update it despite that driver failing to install on 100% of all Windows systems it was targeting. It's not like signing it and releasing a fixed version would take more than half a day's work from one person.

To this date, November 2014, Fn+F3 continues to turn on the "disabled" light above the touchpad while the touchpad is actually not disabled at all.

10 Posts

December 15th, 2015 15:00

I make Windows 10 upgrade and look for a way to back two finger scrolling.

Official Synaptics drivers doesn't take into account - Windows 10 usus its own generic PS/2 drivers  from 2006...

No Events found!