Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2013 01:00

Need to remove / reinstall DDPE on a Precision M4700 due to BSOD - no usable software distribution available

My laptop crashes once every few days with a BSOD in CmgPCS.SYS, a component of Dell Data Protection | Encryption. There are no other problems and the system appears to pass DELL extended diagnostics and there are no other noticeable crashes.

The BSOD is a STOP 7F in CmgPCS.SYS which is a component of the Dell Data Protection Encryption 64-bit

The software version is DDPE 64-bit 7.2.2.4212 for DDPE Personal Edition. DDPE Is configured but encryption is not enabled on any drives (because of the instability). This is running under Win 7SP1 Ultimate 64-bit with up to date patches and my drivers from Dell are up to date too.

When I try to reinstall or just remove, I get a warning that a setup file is missing. I cannot find this version of DDPE. I can only find the newer 8.0.1. The newer version does not install because it claims I have no entitlement to the software (I do for the earlier version, but it appears that 8.0.1 does not see that). Interestingly the version update details does note that the older version of DDPE does give BSODs during times of high disk activity.

To completely reinstall the system would take a long time (~3 days) now, so I would prefer to avoid it. Where can I find a version of the older DDPE installation kit so I can reinstall or just remove? Is there any way that I can try 8.0.1 in case it fixes my problem?

No Responses!
No Events found!