Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 22nd, 2017 12:00

Netbook wont boot anymore

Hi, i have an old Dell Inspiron Mini 1011 netbook and it no longer wants to load Windows.  it does not matter what version of Windows i try and load they all do the same thing.  they begin to load and then freeze when loading.  if i have the screen in a certain position the system will boot but if i move the screen from that point then Windows says that the graphic driver crashed continuously and wont stop.  linux loads perfectly fine but Windows wont load at all.  do i need to get a new screen or screen cable?  is it something with the motherboard that is causing the problem?  can someone please help me with this problem and try and help my figure out this problem?

532 Posts

April 25th, 2017 21:00

Hi. Welcome to our community. We understand your concern. Having said that, we do not support Dual boot on the system. We request you to install only Windows and check if the issue re-occurs.

56 Posts

April 26th, 2017 03:00

You misunderstood me.  The Netbook will not load Windows at all and i used linux to see if it would boot and it did.  i am not dual booting Windows and linux but i am trying to diagnose what is wrong with my netbook by process of elimination.

No Events found!