Richard8
1 Copper

Re: New 6430u smells awful

Jump to solution

Sure no prob, I will keep you posted. I work at a large company with thousands of Dell machines, so they gave me a temporary laptop in between.

0 Kudos
Richard8
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Today they have replaced my keyboard and palm rest at he office. I am not sure if the smell is really gone, it seems not to... We'll keep an eye on it together with the guys from our ICT dept and local Dell mechanics. Can be that thy have to dig deeper for this problem...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DELL-Senthil S
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the update, please let me know if you need any assistance in future.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
Dell-SteveB
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

We hope to provide a fix very shortly.

Dell-SteveB
Client Product Strategist | MCTS, MCDST, CompTIA Security+ Certified
Follow me on Twitter: @StevebAtDell
0 Kudos
cisaac
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Steve I sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
three west
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking an interest Steve.  My stint as a road warrior is over for the moment, and I have to say that after running on the docking station with the lid closed for 5 weeks perhaps I have cooked the smell out of my unit.  I unhooked it and let it cool overnight, and this morning no more terrible smell!

I can assure you that this was not any sort of normal new electronic sort of smell.  As hotecha mentioned above, I would have been embarrassed to open the lid near a client.  It also persisted for approximately two months.

0 Kudos
Dell-SteveB
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Thanks, I've sent a reply.

Dell-SteveB
Client Product Strategist | MCTS, MCDST, CompTIA Security+ Certified
Follow me on Twitter: @StevebAtDell
0 Kudos
agiledude
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Steve, sent you a twitter request. My machine is a couple weeks old and, well, it's unusable with the stench. 

0 Kudos
hotecha
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am on my third laptop.  The second one's speaker was faulty and the bio-metric device was unreliable.  It also smelled awful.  Now the third one interestingly enough seemed to smell better over out of the box, but it's getting worse.  I think it's time to move to a different Ultra-book...

0 Kudos
cnadir
1 Copper

RE: New 6430u smells awful

Jump to solution

I am the technology coordinator at Washington DC public high school. We have about 300 Dell Latitude 6430u laptops. 60 have been issued to teachers for the school year. So far, two staffers have complained of the cat urine smell. Is this something I can expect to hear from everyone and what should my next steps be?

0 Kudos