RE: New 6430u smells awful

Jump to solution

You need to call support. 

0 Kudos
holysmokecp
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Or call "The Daily Show" and tell them about it.  It would make a great story.

0 Kudos
QAP_TA
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Steve,

I just found this thread. I have been experiencing the same issues with my 6430u. I purchased it one month ago, and the odor has not dissipated - in has a strong odor on the hand rest and keyboard. I have contacted tech support and they did not seem to be aware of any of these issues pertaining to this device.

The computer is basically not usable with this smell. How do you recommend I rectify this?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MsGems
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

To send a PM to someone click on "Messages" at the top right side of the forum next to your username, then once on the inbox page there's a button on the top right that says "Send a Private Message" and that brings up the PM box. When sending make sure you have the person's username to put in the "Recipients" box. I noticed  Dell-SteveB has a link to PM him on his profile after clicking his username. Not everyone's profile has that I've found.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kate M
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I received the Latitude 6430u for work about 2 months ago, and I had the same horrendous smell! This forum was very helpful in convincing my IT department that it wasn't just me being crazy, the computer legitimately smelled horrible.

As a preliminary step, I used an alcohol/water solution to clean the keyboard and trackpad, and it helped significantly, but the smell was definitely still there, especially when opening it in the morning if it had been shut all night. 

I finally got around to getting the keyboard and trackpad replaced, and the smell is gone! PHEW!

0 Kudos
ckutensky
1 Copper

Jump to solution

We have an issue with top client. We got just 10-12 days ago now. The client wants nothing to do with it, as it's on his hands now too. So we could use your help getting it RAM's tomorrow, or ASAP.

Can you email us, and setup a RMA for us. We will order the 6430 standard model instead. Please email us  <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>, ask for Kristina.

0 Kudos
MsGems
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

We have an issue with top client. We got just 10-12 days ago now. The client wants nothing to do with it, as it's on his hands now too. So we could use your help getting it RAM's tomorrow, or ASAP.

Can you email us, and setup a RMA for us. We will order the 6430 standard model instead. Please email us <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>, ask for Kristina.

Try sending a PM to Steve from Dell who's posted in this thread. Click on the link below and then click on the option on the right side to send him a PM. Obviously he hasn't been back to reply recently.

http://en.community.dell.com/members/dell_2d00_steve-b/[

0 Kudos
askanyoneelse
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I want you to know that I killed our 1 year old cat, thinking it was pissing on my computer each night and now come across THIS forum telling me otherwise.  Not only do I want a new computer, I want a new cat, vet fees, letter of apology and payment for my divorce lawyer, since my wife has left me after finding this out.  

0 Kudos
Stan74
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Wow, that escalated quickly.

ufl
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same laptop problem and have yet to receive an answer as to what I am supposed to do next.  How are you guys going to fix the very laptop that I have had to use in front of the sampling of my mid-eastern food convention that people seemed to eventually walk away from...I have a catering business, and this was THE once a year advertising that had made my business what it is today.  We had the health department <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> us out the door. We prepared for this for weeks, how could I have predicted this obscene smell that would not go away even after trying to severely clean the palm pad and everything else around...I tried using various garments to mask the smell, but could never get the combinations to work.   Please email me:

or at least have someone write to me what fresh new creative kinds of a restitution you could ever provide.  thanks, MJ

<ADMIN NOTE: Email ID removed as per privacy policy>

0 Kudos