Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2013 08:00

New 6430u smells awful

So a few weeks ago I got a new Lattitude 6430u for work.

The machine is great, but it smells as if it was assembled near a tomcats litter box.  It is truly awful!  

It  seems to be coming from the keyboard.

Anybody got any advice on removing the smell?

4 Posts

October 30th, 2013 09:00

Patience is a virtue... waiting 4 months to find how to deal with such unconfortable issue is not professional.

As far as i'm concerned, i spent too much time in emailing, phone calls,.... (commercial, help desk, Dell quality service,...)

All the most funny is that i just learned that the "new" palmrest is out of stock in my region....

Kind regards

A disappointed Dell Partner.... 

4 Posts

@richard

We're not so far... i'm in France

4 Posts

Not only in your region they're out of stock, I was informed by my collegueas of ICT dept (they are working for Dell), that the palmrests are out of stock as well in The Netherlands for te moment and are in 'back-order'....

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 12:00

Dear Dell, Do you know what my wife and I went through because of this? How terrible we feel because we scolded a cat that did nothing wrong? A cat named "Jerry" (odd name for a cat, I know) that has been a part of our family for 18 years, because we thought he was becoming senile or having bladder/kidney issues? Not only do we feel terrible for scolding him, we wasted countless veterinarian bills trying to determine why he was urinating on my 6430u. Turns out Jerry is as good as always, and I want Dell held accountable for this misery.

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 13:00

Dear Dell,

I've been watching this thread for awhile now and fully understand that it takes time to get accurate information before fully making an official statement about the 6430u (also an owner).  Where you are definitely disconnected from in this situation is that at the point you all determined it was a manufacturing process problem, you should have contacted everyone on this thread (at a minimum, and arguably you did via SteveB), and said either send in this system for a full replacement, or shipped to the effected users a replacement palm rest fresh off the shop floor!

There's a plan,  actually two, for remediation and may be keeping a few of the posters in this forum as future customers.  4 months + and you didn't have time to think about customer satisfaction...pitiful.

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 14:00

Hi Steve

Any fix on this? I was just delivered this laptop on Friday 25th Oct.

Running it today and Monday it really smells. 

This is not acceptable to use in a closed environment. 

Clair

No Events found!