Richard8
1 Copper

RE: New 6430u smells awful

Jump to solution

Not only in your region they're out of stock, I was informed by my collegueas of ICT dept (they are working for Dell), that the palmrests are out of stock as well in The Netherlands for te moment and are in 'back-order'....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vfrl
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@richard

We're not so far... i'm in France

0 Kudos
passflips
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Dear Dell, Do you know what my wife and I went through because of this? How terrible we feel because we scolded a cat that did nothing wrong? A cat named "Jerry" (odd name for a cat, I know) that has been a part of our family for 18 years, because we thought he was becoming senile or having bladder/kidney issues? Not only do we feel terrible for scolding him, we wasted countless veterinarian bills trying to determine why he was urinating on my 6430u. Turns out Jerry is as good as always, and I want Dell held accountable for this misery.
0 Kudos
FrankVerio
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear Dell,

I've been watching this thread for awhile now and fully understand that it takes time to get accurate information before fully making an official statement about the 6430u (also an owner).  Where you are definitely disconnected from in this situation is that at the point you all determined it was a manufacturing process problem, you should have contacted everyone on this thread (at a minimum, and arguably you did via SteveB), and said either send in this system for a full replacement, or shipped to the effected users a replacement palm rest fresh off the shop floor!

There's a plan,  actually two, for remediation and may be keeping a few of the posters in this forum as future customers.  4 months + and you didn't have time to think about customer satisfaction...pitiful.

ClairB
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Steve

Any fix on this? I was just delivered this laptop on Friday 25th Oct.

Running it today and Monday it really smells. 

This is not acceptable to use in a closed environment. 

Clair

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you are having an issue with your laptop smelling bad please see the following link. http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2013/10/30/solution-to-the...

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

Jump to solution

As Sam mentioned above and as you are all probably aware by now, we do have a fix for the E6430u Smell issue. I want to thank each and every one of you for your patience as we worked thru this situation. We are committed to our customers and delighted to have been able to have brought this to resolution.

Dell-SteveB
Client Product Strategist | MCTS, MCDST, CompTIA Security+ Certified
Follow me on Twitter: @StevebAtDell