Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2017 14:00

New Battery only holds charge for 1.5 hours and battery icon giving up/down readings.

Just received a new Dell battery for my laptop.  The battery icon starts out at 100% and time remaining at about 3. 5 hours left, then within 1 minute the time remaining levels off to about 2 hours left.  The battery showing time remaining is jumping up and down.  I am only using the computer for the internet.  No CD or DVD or gaming.  At best I get 1.5 hours out of a charge.  Is this normal?  Or did Dell send me a bad battery?

Sincerely,

Lou

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 7th, 2017 15:00

If Battery's charge still isn't fix.....

Third - Uninstall Quickset App (Battery App) from Programs & Features. Please click Start menu, open control panel, and then Programs. Uninstall Quickset App. To reinstall: Click on link below, expand Application, and then install Quickset.

www.dell.com/.../advanced

January 2nd, 2017 00:00

Hi louisb80,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please update the BIOS to the latest version available on our Dell Support site.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2017 12:00

Unfortunately, i have started suffering with the same issues after the latest bios update your Dell software program threw at my pc... i can now plug in the power cord and see the charging animation in the bottom right corner, but it will only last a few minutes, then the animation stops, but if i hover over the icon it still says "charging" but if i close the screen lid down and leave it for 8-9 hours, the battery if totally discharged again.. can you please be honest and tell me if your latest bios update have brought you complaint about battery issues.. i find it strange that after the latest bios update, this problem started. of course it can be bad luck, but it seems a little too farfetch'd :)

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 6th, 2017 16:00

:emotion-2:

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

11 Posts

January 6th, 2017 16:00

Don't know the answer.  New Battery still only holds a charge for 1.5 hours.  The battery does fully charge and that is all I get.  Disappointed with the battery but next time I need a battery I will buy a cheaper one if that is the best I can get out of it.

11 Posts

January 7th, 2017 06:00

My laptop is Inspiron 15 N5050    I am running windows 7  New battery only good for 1.5 hours.  Battery icon starts out at 4 hours and within seconds drops to 2 hours.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 7th, 2017 14:00

First - I'd suggest you remove the AC adapter and battery. Press the "Power On" button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully battery is lasting a lot longer.

Secondly - Check Power Plans on system. If Power Plan is on High performance,battery's charge won't last a long time. I suggest you switch power plans to either Power Saver or Balance. If already set on Power Saver then set to Balance or vice visa. To access power plan options, type power settings into search box in the Start menu, and then click Enter.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly,

Right click the battery icon and check Status, Health and Desktop mode. The battery App should look kind of similar to the image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

11 Posts

January 8th, 2017 06:00

I don't have Quickset App (Battery App) from Programs & Features to uninstall.  first step did not help.  I am using windows7.  Should I install it.

11 Posts

don't have window 7 desktop  only the others and I have balanced selected.

11 Posts

did not work

11 Posts

Don't have  this batter meter window when I right click on battery in task bar.

11 Posts

that did not work.

11 Posts

January 8th, 2017 10:00

Now running on power saver.  I Don't know why I did not get window 7 desk top.

No Events found!