Highlighted
KaisaJ
1 Copper

New Dell 5759 Battery Issues But Service Tag and Express Service Code won't register so I can't get help!

! I purchased a Dell 5759 just a few months ago from Amazon. Since its purchase, the battery randomly cuts out at intervals of every few to several days with no triggering events.  I attempted to seek help a few times but apparently my service tag and express service code cannot be recognized by the system.  I've tried calling the Inpsiron help number, but for better or worse, the call is disconnected when my numbers cannot be recognized.

Now I get a Dell Power Management error that the system can no longer communicate with my battery.  It has ceased functioning en toto.  Without being able to register, I cannot get help for this issue, but when I go to email any kind of technical support, the Service Tag or Service Code are the gateway to having access to submitting a ticket.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point. This is a perfectly fine otherwise smooth running computer but I need the battery to work and not cut out at random intervals.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sgr278
1 Nickel

RE: New Dell 5759 Battery Issues But Service Tag and Express Service Code won't register so I can't get help!

I would send it back, as you bought it through Amazon it would have been through a reseller. It's best to buy your laptop through Dell as you will have a warranty and a tag number that will work.

LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

RE: New Dell 5759 Battery Issues But Service Tag and Express Service Code won't register so I can't get help!

emoticon.BigSmile.title

I'd suggest you try to register the system in link below and see if that will work.

Retail Registration | Dell US