Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2016 07:00

New Dell Inspiron 5755 runs painfully slow

My brand new laptop is really disappointing me. It runs so very slowly that it's really taking the joy out of it.

I have 8GB RAM, Windows 10.

It also turns off suddenly when in use.

Any thoughts on a resolution?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 29th, 2016 08:00

Run troubleshooting tools on your computer. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click "View All ", and then windows updates. Run the other tools as well.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 27th, 2016 09:00

" He has told me i apparently have other software issues i.e. driver problems "

:emotion-2:

Secondly - Please click on the Dell video below to get a better sense of Dell drivers and how to find drivers and update them as well. Good darn video I might add.....

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 31st, 2016 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps below :

1- Disable startup programs

2- Run virus scan to check for malware

3-uninstall all unwanted programs

4-Run animation on minimum settings.

5- Back up the data on the system and reset to factory defaults.

Kindly let us know if this helps also private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

August 28th, 2016 20:00

I'm having the same problems.  So you're telling me that I pull a brand new laptop out of the box and I have to make all these adjustments?  Disable startup programs?  Where?  How?  WHY??   Why do people have to make adjustments on a brand new computer???!!!!!  This is ridiculous.  I have a brand new laptop and I can barely bring up one website, much less two at a time.  Why is it every time I get a DELL, I end up wasting hours of my time trying to get it to work???  ***.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 29th, 2016 07:00

The latest windows update is Anniversary update. Please click on link below:

support.microsoft.com/.../windows-update-faq

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 29th, 2016 07:00

I'd suggest you check for the latest windows updates are installed on your new computer. Right click the windows icon, click Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 29th, 2016 08:00

Lastly.....please click on link below....

Troubleshooting slow system performance

www.dell.com/.../SLN171944

2 Posts

December 26th, 2016 17:00

mine is less than 4 months old. very rarely used. cost almost $700. thought i was upgrading as it has touch screen and was under impression Microsoft 2016 was included-downloaded. But it was only a 90 day trial. What a waste of money. Now it runs extremely slow also and tech advisor was worthless.  Could barely understand him due to accent so we had to type ?'s and answers back and forth.  He has told me i apparently have other software issues i.e. driver problems and there is no warranty for software problems.  What a waste of money.  I can use internet to play music or upload pics from my phone but that's about it.  Said tech support for 6 months for software issues is $199.00.  Get the heck out of here.  Never again.  

2 Posts

December 26th, 2016 17:00

I need help doing all of this and I don't want to lose the pics and music I have already loaded onto this computer.  I am not an I/T by profession and Windows 10 is above my ability..  I don't know how to do any of the activities you have requested.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 27th, 2016 07:00

colbujl63 wrote: 'I need help doing all of this and I don't want to lose the pics and music"

First - I'd suggest you backup the photos, music and all other important stuff to a flash drive, external drive or some type of backup software. You can purchase a portable external drive at your local Walmart or Online. I do recommend Seagate Backup Plus Slim and  at least 1TB storage. You could create a system image and backup that image with the free windows tool, see link below:

https://youtu.be/rtPrM3-k0jQ

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

And you have the paid online backup software such as Acronis:

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

How to Create a Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive: