Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2017 08:00

New Dell XPS 13 9360 Hibernation From Sleep Issue

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me out here. 

I've just purchased a new XPS 13 and it's great except for one issue - hibernation is happening too quickly from sleep

I've already tried all the power management settings to no avail.

I have set my "hibernate after" setting to 720 minutes. But even after 30 minutes of sleeping, the laptop will automatically go into hibernation mode. 

Is there something overriding my "hibernate after" settings? 

I have also switched off the Cortana override in power settings:

9.4K Posts

April 28th, 2017 08:00

Hi msoon77,

Thanks for posting.

You can click the link below for information resolving the differences between sleep, hibernate and shut down.

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

2 Posts

April 28th, 2017 09:00

Sorry mate. I don't see how that link is helpful.

144 Posts

April 28th, 2017 12:00

Check your settings for the advanced power options, see article MS-advanced-power-settings

3 Posts

May 8th, 2017 20:00

I am having this same problem. It seemed like the computer would hibernate every time I stepped away from it. I have hibernation set to "never" (I chose "0 minutes" to achieve this) and it would still hibernate after an hour or so. I actually just unchecked "save me power when my device knows I'm away" today because I thought that was the issue. I'll let you know if it works for me or if I find a solution.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 9th, 2017 07:00

I've already tried all the power management settings to no avail.

I turned on the setting you highlight and my system went from 30 minutes to 9 hours.  I do have the 9365 which seems to have the vPro processor.

I do not know why my system also has Modern Standby, not connected.

No Events found!