Re: New Dell XPS 14z (L412Z) Wireless Card Issues

I just wanted to post that the latest drivers for the Intel Centrino 6230 has been released and may be found from the following links.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

These drivers are version v14.3.0.6, A02 but are designed specifically for the XPS 14z

Those of you still having problems, please remember to download the driver and safe to the desktop, do not run it.  Then go in programs and features and uninstall the current drivers, and restart the system.  Decline any request from Windows to install a driver and then run the downloaded driver.

Put the wireless adapter into Continuously Aware Mode using the following steps.

Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.

Double-click Network Connections.

Right-click the wireless connection and click Properties.

Click Configure.

Click the Advanced tab.

Select the Power Management setting, uncheck Default / Auto and move the slider to Highest / Maximum Performance. Note: If the slider is already at Highest / Maximum Performance, move the slider to another setting and then back to Highest / Maximum Performance.

If connections speeds is not improved, try disabling bluetooth,  and see if there is a difference between 5 gz networks and 2.4 gz networks and post back here.

Thanks

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
tugela01
1 Nickel

The instructions you have given do not apply to win7 (which is what the XPS 14z uses) I think.

0 Kudos

I copied it directly from Intel's link

www.intel.com/.../cs-006205.htm

You are right Tugela01 they was using Window XP.

For Windows 7

Control Panel

Networks and Sharing.

Click on the connection

Click properties

Click Configure

Click Advanced

Click on Transmit Power under Property

Set the value to the highest, usually five.

Click the Power Management tab

Make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

Click Ok.

Also you can change the setting using Proset

From the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility:

Click Advanced > Adapter Settings > Advanced tab.

Select Power Management, uncheck Default / Auto, and move the slider to Highest / Maximum Performance.

Please let me know if this helps.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Fompe
1 Nickel

Installed the new drivers in a clean Windows 7 64bit install does not solve the issue. It's not a driver issue but a design flaw.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
maze06
1 Nickel

Hi there, same thing here. Not sure what to do. Seems they put a new driver out and call it an issue with the N-Card?

Fügen Sie dies zu Ihrer Downloadliste hinzu.

Dell Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Veröffentlichungstermin: 03.01.2012

Version: A02v14.3.0.6

Fehlerkorrekturen und Verbesserungen

Fix the N mode connection issue on

I had a technician out here too. Same as with you. Any new ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cjswanny
1 Copper

Terry, you said " Make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power. "  

Is the boxed supposed to be checked or unchecked?

thanks

0 Kudos
Fompe
1 Nickel

It is supposed to be unchecked but go ahead and try them both, is does not make a difference because it is not the cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
tbergen1
1 Copper

I just received the replacement about ten days ago.  I wanted to ve sure I gave it a good test before I did an update.  I don't have the same problem I had with the first xps 14z but now I have upload/download speed issues.  When I did a pc checkup (Dell), it gave a connectivity alert.  When the dell technician logged into my laptop they saw the error message.  I really like this computer.  I worry that down the road, I'll regret not returning it when I had the opportunity. Shame on Dell...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tbergen1
1 Copper

I received a replacement 14z ten days ago.  I don't have exactly the same problem but there is still an issue.  My upload/download speeds are half my other laptop.  and, noticeably sub par at over 20 yards from the router.  I really like this computer but I'm afraid I'll regret not returning this computer when I had the chance.  Shame on Dell...

rashaunny
1 Copper

I bought the 14z during black friday and had a terrible time with the wifi drivers.  Recently I installed the new ones from the intel website, not the dell website.  Its the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wireless-N+1030

link again

0 Kudos