Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2017 20:00

New Dell Xps 15 9560 Issues!

Hello Every one, I just received my second Dell Xps 15 9560 after returning a previous model for various quality control issues, i.e. miss aligned finger print scanner, bloated battery, the screen not shutting properly, and one side of the screen being consistently dimmer than the other. With my second one, which I just received, now has the same issues with the finger print scanner being misaligned, but now with the power button also being misaligned both with a significant slope. My new one does shut properly without a gap in between the screen and the base of the chassis when closed, but now I have been experiencing the notorious coil whine... off the charger and solely on battery I have experienced coil whine along with being on power with the charger and this is just annoying. I have also been experiencing my screen blacking out randomly for a millisecond and then returning to normal. The fact that this is the second one I have received but still has the same problems if not more is just flat out outrageous. The fact that this is a $2000+ laptop the way mine is specked ( 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4k display) is not okay. There is obviously a problem with quality control which should not be present with such a laptop that is supposed to be for intensive use. Don't get me wrong this is a great product, but these small issues just take away from the experience immensely. If there is any way to get all this fixed it be great. Also is there any way to change my warranty to an at-home service instead of the mail in service? And also has there been any acknowledgement with any of these issues on the dell XPS 15?

-Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 15th, 2017 04:00

Yes, you can purchase a warranty upgrade to onsite service, assuming your system is still in warranty.  You'll need to call Dell for the price on that (which will be higher than the cost of purchasing it with the system).

2 Posts

May 15th, 2017 10:00

Ok thanks, i'll try to contact dell.

thanks ejn63

No Events found!