lekrus
1 Copper

RE: New Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (7567) HDMI Out questions

Jump to solution

After a lot of googling I realized the issue is not related to specific Dell's model, but to NVidia card and drivers support for Windows 10.

To fix the issue it's necessary to setup Creators Update for Windows 10 (build 1703)

and also setup the latest NVidia drivers from nvidia.com site (version 382.53 dated June 9, 2017), during install it's necessary to specify "clean setup" checkbox.

UPDATE: unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved and seems like with the latest drivers from nvidia it even got worse. Looks like nvidia card has several performance levels, when it runs on Level 3-4 the behaviour is smooth, but it always drops to level 0-1 fast and then the behaviour is sluggish. Was not able to find a switch to force constant Level 4 even when Maximum performance is setup in card preferences.

0 Kudos
jtdcjtdc
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Ok now that I have a TV available, I had connected it to HDMI. During BIOS bootup there is no display on TV.  In Windows, I extended the display to the TV, no lags nor stutters, and can do general things well (haven't tried to game yet).  The Intel display driver also disappears when only the second screen is active.  Since I had activated the Nvidia GPU icon, I can see that it is the GPU being utilized by the TV (there is a process gfxv4_0.exe).

On the laptop screen, on Intel graphics control panel, display detection only sees built in display, not the TV. While on the NVIDIA Control panel, it can only see the TV (no built in display).

So at this point, it seems to me that once you plug in something at HDMI, the nvidia GPU is assigned to that and the intel GPU takes care of the built in. But since the nvidia is also active at the same time, it definitely does some of the graphics work in such a way that all is lag free (even the wallpaper changing / slideshow is flawless)... with only the built in Intel, that wallpaper changing stutters like what I said on my previous post above.

I would prefer the built in take care of everything, except of course when I want to game.  I had the latest nvidia driver, the latest intel driver provided by dell (which is NOT the latest from intel website), and the latest Win10 Home ver 1607 build 14393.1198 (last setup before the Creator Update... i am prompted to update but I didn't yet).

Aside from curiosity sake, there is not much drive for me currently to have the intel GPU run everything (except game), but once I have progress on this,I will update.

0 Kudos
Ssj4pure
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello,

If Lekrus's solution does not work (did not for me) then downgrade your Intel HD Graphics driver to the previous version, 21.20.16.4542,A01 & make sure to disable automatic driver updates from Windows.

This solved the issue entirely for myself after attempting everything else. Dell needs to do a lot more quality control when rolling out driver updates, this was easily 10-15 hours wasted on my end.

enryh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Have you solved your problem?

I am having lag when using HDMI output only and the sound (through HDMI monitor) is also "breaking" sometimes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
enryh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Have you solved your problem? I have exactly the same here using Dell from Brazil.

When we set to show only SECOND screen (HDMI), Windows get slow, lagging... 

If we Duplicate the screen (show on first and second), Windows gets to normal...

I have tried to disable Intel Graphics through Devices Manager and then the second Screen gets normal, but the first (notebook) screen is kept turned on with a DELL logo stuck (if rebooted).

0 Kudos
gyt
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue here! No solutions here have solved the problem. 

0 Kudos
edilson.asj
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I solved my problem by updating to the last driver on the intel website, version 15.46.02.64.4729 . Downloading the exe will not work. You need to get the zip file and follow the readme to install from the device manager witht the I have a disk option. I did not need to uninstall the previous driver from dell. Just went to the device manager and on the intel 630 you go to update driver option.

From the readme:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation

------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".

2.  Click "Device Manager" on the left.

3.  In the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".

IF UPDATING DRIVER GO TO STEP 5

4.  Double-click "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" if present under

"Other Devices". (Go to step 6).

5.  Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller.

6.  In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".

7.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

8.  Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9.  Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".

10. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you

downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the

"igdlh.INF" file. Click "Open".  (I used igdlh64.inf)

11. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install

the driver.

12. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now

be loaded.

0 Kudos
danielnaca
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ssj4pure, you are a genius! I can verify that your solution works. Downloading and installing the previous Intel driver version 21.20.16.4542, A01 worked like a charm. My HDMI output is now back to normal with no stuttering or lag. The driver can be downloaded from Dell's support website. I have also turned off automatic driver updates in download system setting. The link to the driver is:

downloads.dell.com/.../Video_Driver_3DCC5_WN32_21.20.16.4542_A01.EXE

danielnaca
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell finally released a new Intel Graphics driver on 8/31/2017 to address the hdmi video lag on the Inspiron 7567 Gaming!!! I haven't had a chance to test it. Please somebody give it a try!

Fixes & Enhancements

Fixes:
- Video performance lag improvement.

Enhancements:
- Update Intel 15.46 graphic driver branch for RedStone2 OS

Version

Version 21.20.16.4727, A03

Category

Video

Release date

31 Aug 2017

Last Updated

31 Aug 2017
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=28VH9
ghifariadamf
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello

I have the latest graphics driver but it didn't solve the problems to me. My audio and video keep stuttering randomly whenever I play music via youtube or Spotify alongside with another program.

Oh, the HDMI out also still have the same problem. It can't connect to another display.

Do you have another solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos