Anonymous
6 Thallium

Re: New Latitude E5500 BIOS A17

Jump to solution

When I called tech support, they told me that there will be update soon that would replace A17.... I think they lied, it's over 4 months and nothing showed up on update page. They also just in case didn't send me email that asks how good their services are, strange, they always did send it. Mayeb I'll return this laptop ,and get newer line of Latitudes Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ScottyU
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

This worked for me too

Latitude E5500 WIndows 7 Pro

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Dell should officially remove this A17 bios update from site or issue a new update. They know it already,that it's faulty, for a long time

0 Kudos
SFProgrammer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just got through a troubleshooting session with Dell Tech support on the same issue and they didn't even get as far as downgrading the BIOS.  They wanted me to re-install the operating system and other foolishness that I knew would waste a considerable amount of time.  I kind wish they would acknowledge the issue, pull A17 off the update list, and provide accurate instructions to fix the problem.  I know the serial port is on the way out of the NEW computer world but some of us run mission critical systems that require a serial console connection.  Basically if you need a serial port on your laptop, you REALLY need a serial port on your laptop.  I know there are a number of adapters out there and the such but the simple fact remains for Dell -- There is a problem, there is a solution, and there are no cues for tech support or end-users to resolve the issue other than this end-user thread.

0 Kudos
ADynes
1 Nickel

Jump to solution