Highlighted
Not applicable

New RAM doesn't work in 7567 Laptop

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop 7567 and wanted to upgrade the RAM.  When I installed the RAM the laptop refused to boot.  The power light came on but nothing else happened.  When I removed the RAM, the laptop booted just fine.  The laptop currently has 16GB of RAM and I added another 16GB.  We tried only installing the new RAM by itself as well as with the current RAM and nothing happened.  Here is the RAM I purchased:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FRBHZ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  I'm pretty sure this is the right RAM and maybe it's just defective but I wanted to make sure.  Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

RE: New RAM doesn't work in 7567 Laptop

NuDoes the new ram match the ram already installed? You should buy ram directly from Crucial. They guarantee it will work. Go to the crucial web site to check which ram is needed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your message.

Seems like the memory stick is defective. The memory purchased meets the specifications of the system memory.

This system supports a maximum of 32GB, DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

Try using the working memory in both the slots & check if the computer posts, in this way you can confirm that this is not an issue with the SODIMM slot 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

These type of memory sticks are stamped low voltage. You can only use this type.

0 Kudos