Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 31st, 2016 09:00

New Version of Touchpad, Gestures missing - Windows 10 Pro

HI,

I am using inspiron 3521

I have updated the os from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The 2 finger tap for right click is not working in the new version of touchpad. Is there any new option in the new version ? because my right button wont work and I use only 2 finger tap for right click. Please help me

September 1st, 2016 11:00

Hello Santhosh,

In the notifications tray, do you see the touchpad icon. You right click on the icon to get to the properties and enable gestures if it has not been enable yet. You can also download the latest touchpad drivers from our support site.

September 1st, 2016 23:00

Hi,

I advice you to please take an other look at my previous post.

There are actually 2 Drivers. One for Windows 8/8.1 and another for Windows 10.

Windows 10 Driver doesn't have 4 finger gesture, 2 finger tap in system tray icon etc.... I wanna know how to use them in new version. Perhaps try before you post. 

This is a technical difficulty, and I would prefer getting help for the concerned team.

September 2nd, 2016 02:00

I did read your post previously.  Double-clicking will also open the settings in the notification tray

1. You can use an external mouse to get to the options and check if the required gestures are available.

2. You can also try installing the window 8.1 driver in compatibility mode.

3. If your system is under warranty, you can send me a private message with the service tag so that the we can work out on the options on getting the button repaired if the touchpad buttons have an issue

September 2nd, 2016 04:00

First of all I am familiar with touchpad properties in notification panel. And that is missing many features or hidden.

Even if I install Windows 8.1 Driver in compat mode, automatic updates update them to new driver automatically. and thus 8.1 driver does not work properly in win 10 anymore. I tried hiding the update using Windows 10 hide update utility, but then 8.1 driver stops working.

And moreover the updated new driver in windows 10 is not supporting this gestures.

how could anyone replace an external mouse for touchpad gestures ? Touch pad comes with system front cover and external mouse doesn't have gestures at all. Its possibly only when I change the front cover.

I am really sorry, but your answers are very inappropriate.

September 5th, 2016 10:00

I see that you missed my point on using an external mouse. Nevertheless, it could very well be that certain features have been disabled or modified with the new driver/ software release( though unsure why)..  If there is an issue with the touchpad buttons, we can certainly assist you in setting up an service to get it repaired.

No Events found!