I want to know if this model (Vostro 5470) have the msata port ? i have seen it in owners manual but when ever i asked a dell representative (chat sessions) they said it don't have . I know currently the available configurations don't have msata ssd pre installed but i have mSATA 64G (half height ) with me so i want to buy 5470 and put it in by myself. But before I buy it I want to be sure if it have the mSATA support ! that's the only thing stopping me to buying it.
I need a confirm answer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1) About mSata I bought in amazon.com :
Emperor Disk 128GB mSATA Mini (Half Size) SATAIII SSD (Upgrade Version - Faster Write Speed)
Ships from and sold by M-Factors Storage.
2) You answered in the next email.
I have another question
as with the 5470 if I want to change the RAM or mSATA, i have to open the full back cover like 5460 so what about warranty? Or should I go to service center for this ?
Note: I don't get option to add mSATA when i try to purchase online . I am in china Now
To replace the RAM or mSATA a technician is necessary as it is field replaceable components. If you are comfortable replacing the parts you may try, however if any damages incurred during the part replacement, the regular hardware warranty on the system does not cover the damage.
With regards to mSATA option in China, I will have to check with my internal team. Give me some time while I try to get an update.
I'm from Brazil and Vostro 5470 was launched a few days ago here.
What I need to know is exactly the same as you. Were you succesfull installing the mSata?
Did the system recognized the mSata? Are you using it as the primary drive?
Sorry for late reply !
Yes msata is working prfect with my dell 5470.
Here is what I did.
1. take the backup of existing drive to my portable Drive.
2. Open the laptop back cover
3. Put in the msata ssd (Only Mini version Not every msata can be installed)
4. Put the Bootable Win8.1 USB flash in usb
5. On Boot i select the F12 custom boot option then selected the USB
6. I deleted every partition from my hard disk.
7. selcted SSD as my primery drive
8. Proceed with installetion on msata SSD (I used 64G)
9. After installation completed, I created partitions on my hard disk
Now I have my windows on mSATA SSD and data on HDD and its much faster now
Thank you very much for your answers and tips!
I'm more relaxed now, that I know that worked for you! The bad thing is that it's hard to find those mSata half-sized here, in Brasil..