leeroy jenkins
1 Copper

New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise - relaunch

Jump to solution

I'm posting this to re-open the debate around the electrical coil whine found in all new dell xps 13 model. The last thread was shut down because of breach of rules but it was an important place for people to keep an eye on when Dell would be releasing the updated board which promises to fix the problem.

Please tell us what you know about what's going on so everyone can be up to speed on what Dell is doing to fix the issue

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leeroy jenkins
1 Copper

RE: New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise - relaunch

Jump to solution

To be Honest, I'd say you should return it as there is no complete solution to this generation of XPS 13s and then get the new version.

dell needed to get it right out of the gate but they didn't 

c'est la vie.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
59 Replies

Jump to solution

Greetings Leeroy Jenkins,

Thank you for your new post on this topic.

Dell has come out with a solution. I'm working on getting a document ID that I will post here once obtained.

The document ID should cover the XPS 12 (9Q33), XPS 13 (9333), XPS 15 (9530) and M3800 coil noise concerns.

Justin C Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
leeroy jenkins
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Wonderful

Thanks. I look forward to the document and some good feedback from users then can buy one in confidence.

Centman
2 Iron

Jump to solution
The latest post in previous thread was posted by Terry B, and he told that from now all new orders Will be delivered without hiss like the previous had. What i did not like was the closing of that thread, so good thing this one is open. People who bought a xps with problems have waranty. In Netherland it is 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
alespi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Justin,

I bought an xps 13 two weeks ago and mine has the same noise problem. How should I proceed? Call tech support? Wait for your next post in this thread?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Grumpydev
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just an update from my situation - I received my replacement laptop last week, with the updated motherboard, but the whine was unchanged. I spoke to Terry, and he confirmed I had the new motherboard, but said that I'm the first person to raise an issue with the new board, and other's have confirmed the new board has fixed their noise problem, so hopefully I just got a duff one - I will find out when my replacement for the replacement turns up 🙂

0 Kudos
Centman
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Maybe there is no solution...and that"s why the thread is closed.

0 Kudos
leeroy jenkins
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Keep us updated as I have yet to see a quote from a customer saying that the problem has been fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Community,

The Dell internal document ID is SLN293550. You may provide this document ID to Dell technical support to help reduce search time.

Here's how to contact Dell technical support: http://www.dell.com/support/incidents/us/en/19/Phone/Phonetagentry?tnt=1

I encourage feedback, discussion or questions posted on this thread.

Justin C Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
Grumpydev
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Keep us updated as I have yet to see a quote from a customer saying that the problem has been fixed.

Well I've just had a mail from Dell telling me I can't have another replacement so it's a refund or nothing, which is bizarre as the 2nd replacement was Dell's idea in the first place.
0 Kudos