Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 5th, 2014 05:00

New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise - relaunch

I'm posting this to re-open the debate around the electrical coil whine found in all new dell xps 13 model. The last thread was shut down because of breach of rules but it was an important place for people to keep an eye on when Dell would be releasing the updated board which promises to fix the problem.

Please tell us what you know about what's going on so everyone can be up to speed on what Dell is doing to fix the issue

April 13th, 2015 14:00

To be Honest, I'd say you should return it as there is no complete solution to this generation of XPS 13s and then get the new version.

dell needed to get it right out of the gate but they didn't 

c'est la vie.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

September 5th, 2014 18:00

Greetings Leeroy Jenkins,

Thank you for your new post on this topic.

Dell has come out with a solution. I'm working on getting a document ID that I will post here once obtained.

The document ID should cover the XPS 12 (9Q33), XPS 13 (9333), XPS 15 (9530) and M3800 coil noise concerns.

September 7th, 2014 11:00

Wonderful

Thanks. I look forward to the document and some good feedback from users then can buy one in confidence.

59 Posts

September 7th, 2014 13:00

The latest post in previous thread was posted by Terry B, and he told that from now all new orders Will be delivered without hiss like the previous had. What i did not like was the closing of that thread, so good thing this one is open. People who bought a xps with problems have waranty. In Netherland it is 2 weeks.

4 Posts

September 8th, 2014 00:00

Hi Justin,

I bought an xps 13 two weeks ago and mine has the same noise problem. How should I proceed? Call tech support? Wait for your next post in this thread?

Thanks

13 Posts

September 8th, 2014 03:00

Just an update from my situation - I received my replacement laptop last week, with the updated motherboard, but the whine was unchanged. I spoke to Terry, and he confirmed I had the new motherboard, but said that I'm the first person to raise an issue with the new board, and other's have confirmed the new board has fixed their noise problem, so hopefully I just got a duff one - I will find out when my replacement for the replacement turns up :)

59 Posts

September 8th, 2014 07:00

Maybe there is no solution...and that"s why the thread is closed.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

September 8th, 2014 11:00

@Community,

The Dell internal document ID is SLN293550. You may provide this document ID to Dell technical support to help reduce search time.

Here's how to contact Dell technical support: http://www.dell.com/support/incidents/us/en/19/Phone/Phonetagentry?tnt=1

I encourage feedback, discussion or questions posted on this thread.

September 8th, 2014 11:00

Keep us updated as I have yet to see a quote from a customer saying that the problem has been fixed.

13 Posts

September 10th, 2014 09:00

Keep us updated as I have yet to see a quote from a customer saying that the problem has been fixed.

Well I've just had a mail from Dell telling me I can't have another replacement so it's a refund or nothing, which is bizarre as the 2nd replacement was Dell's idea in the first place.

September 10th, 2014 11:00

Odd...

Well if you order  it again let us know how things sound.

59 Posts

September 11th, 2014 05:00

Why is there no link in the previous thread that links to this one?

So people don't have to search or get lost.

Can you add the url in the previous....

September 11th, 2014 17:00

Dell rep was "unable" to find this internal document, I am now getting frustrated with this whole issue and I don't even own one of these laptops I WAS planning on getting one but now... Idk

September 12th, 2014 11:00

This is pretty ridiculous.  I went through 2 of these in June through the Microsoft store which had easy returns.  However, after reading these posts I am really glad I did not wait for the "new motherboard".  

Here I am using Dell chat with a Rep telling me that the issue is fixed.  Trying to get me to purchase another XPS 13 for over $1000 knowing that the coil whine is still there.  I have been told that issue did not exist.  Then it did.  I was then issued a replacement.  The customer service has been terrible and I really hope that all of you who have been strung along for this ride can get a refund.  

The previous thread is a great resource for everyone and can be found here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19538215

Terry B continues to spread false info.  I highly doubt anything is being worked on as the date has continued to be pushed back.  

Also, here is what Dell customer service said when I asked for any documentation regarding the resolution of the issue mentioned: 

Tariq B 
Kyle , I apologize.. currently we do not have any documents as such , i have raised a request , once i have this will email it to you

Again, here is Dell saying "It's fixed, just TRUST us!".  I would have given Dell another chance but this is it for me.  

September 14th, 2014 11:00

Hi

How do you know the new boards haven't fixed the issue? Have you got a new board that's still whining?

No Events found!