leeroy jenkins
1 Copper

RE: New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise - relaunch

Jump to solution

Odd...

Well if you order  it again let us know how things sound.

0 Kudos
Centman
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Why is there no link in the previous thread that links to this one?

So people don't have to search or get lost.

Can you add the url in the previous....

0 Kudos
caprica70711
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell rep was "unable" to find this internal document, I am now getting frustrated with this whole issue and I don't even own one of these laptops I WAS planning on getting one but now... Idk

0 Kudos
kyle.w.meyer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is pretty ridiculous.  I went through 2 of these in June through the Microsoft store which had easy returns.  However, after reading these posts I am really glad I did not wait for the "new motherboard".  

Here I am using Dell chat with a Rep telling me that the issue is fixed.  Trying to get me to purchase another XPS 13 for over $1000 knowing that the coil whine is still there.  I have been told that issue did not exist.  Then it did.  I was then issued a replacement.  The customer service has been terrible and I really hope that all of you who have been strung along for this ride can get a refund.  

The previous thread is a great resource for everyone and can be found here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19538215

Terry B continues to spread false info.  I highly doubt anything is being worked on as the date has continued to be pushed back.  

Also, here is what Dell customer service said when I asked for any documentation regarding the resolution of the issue mentioned: 

Tariq B 
Kyle , I apologize.. currently we do not have any documents as such , i have raised a request , once i have this will email it to you

Again, here is Dell saying "It's fixed, just TRUST us!".  I would have given Dell another chance but this is it for me.  

0 Kudos
leeroy jenkins
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi

How do you know the new boards haven't fixed the issue? Have you got a new board that's still whining?

0 Kudos
feelgoodcat
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Grumpydev, just curious about where you heard that others have confirmed the new board has fixed the coil whine noise? Is it just from DELL-Terry B?

0 Kudos
kyle.w.meyer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Check the forums out there, mainly the notebookreview site.  The rep I spoke with also could not confirm it was fixed and mentioned she would email me documentation once she received it.  I'll post that if it ever comes in.

This could have been a great laptop but ended up being a painful experience for many.  I hated on apple hard for quite some time but no one can match their quality, so I'll be waiting for the Macbook Air Retina.

Hi

How do you know the new boards haven't fixed the issue? Have you got a new board that's still whining?

0 Kudos
kyle.w.meyer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Oh yeah, Thanks for removing my username, Dell!

I'm not sure what is wrong with D3LL_

Is D3LL_wH1n3s_L1k3_A_BaBY available?

0 Kudos
Centman
2 Iron

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Grumpydev
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Grumpydev, just curious about where you heard that others have confirmed the new board has fixed the coil whine noise? Is it just from DELL-Terry B?

Just from Terry and the tech support person I've been dealing with. I'd be amazed if the customer facing people were lying about the fixes, but whether they have been given the correct information is another matter.

I haven't made my mind up what I'm going to do yet, been too busy, going to have a think about this weekend but leaning towards just getting a refund, even though it's the only laptop I actually want 😕

0 Kudos