Grumpydev
1 Copper

RE: New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise

Jump to solution

An engineer was on his way to fit a repalcement board for me on Tuesday, but I cancelled it as I have a new machine on the way which they have assured me contains the new motherboard that doesn't have the coil while.

I will believe it when I see (or hear) it though!

0 Kudos
Elsa11
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Elsa. Are you saying they have to come to your house and replace your motherboard?

Yes they'll have to come to change the motherboard. Well, they offered to send a brand new one, but since I am already working with this one, I want to keep it. They said the new motherboard 'will be deployed' the first week of september. So I don't know whether you get one of these.

As Grumpydev said, I am not even sure it will solve the issue, and I'll believe it  when I can't hear it! (as you can learn from others, it's not the first annoucement of this kind).

Elsa.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ok thanks everyone for your comments. Amazing how untrustworthy they appear to be.

In addition, when I bought mine I was told the price couldn't go a dollar below $1520. I asked when the price might be coming down since it was made in late 2013 and it's now getting close to late 2014. They said not likely and wouldn't say any more than that. Then about two or three days later it was on special for around $1444.

I contacted them again to be reimbursed for the difference and they said that I needed to speak with the guy that made the sale. He was supposed to contact me yesterday but didn't.

But it doesn't matter now. I'll just return it next week when I get some time and move on.

0 Kudos
glavrent
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have bought an XPS 13 two weeks ago and it makes the same noise it is very disappointing. It comes from the right top corner. It is a very good laptop but such flaws makes me worry about its quality. I also noticed that when you turn of the light of the keyboard this noise decreases.

Grigorios

0 Kudos
graffixnyc
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

So first we were told the new boards would be here in June or July.. then Aug.. It's now Sept and nothing has been done about this. Does Dell really think it can get away with this? They take our money, give us a defective product, promise us a fix and nothing comes from it. The only reason why I didn't return it because I love the machine otherwise and I have a 3 year warranty and was told a fix would be soon in place. I've been waiting months and months and nothing. If I would have known this I would have returned the machine when I could have! I was dumb enough to believe they would actually fix this. I am going to fight and try to get a refund <refunds are only given inside the first 21 days from the original invoice date> based on the fact that the only reason why I didn't return the system was because a fix was promised months ago. <Legalistic statements are not allowed on this Dell funded Forum>

0 Kudos
yulet
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Does anyone know of any organization that we could complain to in Canada/US? Would <Legalistic statements are not allowed on this Dell funded Forum> handle this?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, I think this is how they get away with it every time. If you search the internet, you'll find that the same problem existed back at XPS 1330. So, please let me know if you're going to start a <legalistic>. While I think you probably will get a refund after hours of talking on the phone, this thing is bigger than just an individual case. Even if Dell gives your money back, it still earns a lot more by keep promising 'consider this done' to potential customers. After that, they set various kinds of brick walls between you and the refund, which tries to stop customers from getting a refund. This is just wrong and needs to be corrected. What they need to pay is much more than the price of a single laptop. The most annoying part is that they know we can't unite together and take the trouble of starting a <legalistic>

0 Kudos
robertwl9
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You can do a lot more damage to Dell going viral with this sad history of their misinformation, stalling and misrepresentation than you could with a <legalistic>. <solicitation>

0 Kudos
DELL-Terry B
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

I wanted to give an updated on the updated system boards to help reduce “coil whine” on the XPS 13.  On my previous post I mentioned that we were looking for the boards to be available for tech support services in Mid August.  Unfortunately our third party suppliers were unable to meet this time line and the system boards will not be available globally until mid September.  

Tech support knows of the updated boards and will be able to start services once the boards become available.

I apologize for this last delay but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
DELL-Terry B
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Updated system boards have been available for new XPS 13 systems ordered from the factory.  Any new XPS 13 systems ordered today will ship with the updated system boards and should not have the electronic hiss that previous XPS 13 systems where reported with. 

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell