michelezd
1 Copper

RE: New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise

Jump to solution

totally agree with this... they spend a lot of energy by covering up their mistakes, without making anythig to solve their real problems, those linked with the product quality...

0 Kudos
killerz298
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue with the 2015 XPS 9343. Was there ultimately a fix to this? I updated my bios to the latest version and now I notice an annoying issue with "whine". I don't know if it is related to the bios update or not but I absolutely didn't have this issue before recently. There is this high frequency whining noise coming from the unit. The fan isn't running and there is no mechanical hard drive (ssd). Seems to get louder when typing and scrolling in web pages and then usually goes away when idle only to come back with more typing/scrolling. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Nick Hubscher
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell are a bunch of serious jokers.

Cut to the chase, return your laptop, accept the inevitable and buy a Mac.

boopolo1
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Save yourself the hassle.

Sell it and get something else.
(if you can get refund get it,)

They keep lying and even blame me then they started ignoring me.

If you can put up with it, keep it, if you cant, sell it and accept the lose.

0 Kudos
jscs
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Is there a know fix that Dell has for this issue or is all the component swapping not helping anything?

I just got off the phone with escalated support and after having him mailed this and other dell community forums threads on this issue he flatout denied that this issue is know to Dell. Multiple times. No matter what I said, he denied this is a thing and as long as I pay for the support ticket they'll fix it and I will have 90 days warranty on the swapped components, huh?

Oh yeah I have to pay for the support ticket. Even though I first called Dell and reported this issue while I had still warranty they played endless phone forwarding loop leaving me for hours on hold with reps that were clueless as how to help me. Not knowing what to do Dell took its sweet time to let my warranty expire instead of helping me fix it, following up or anything. Last time I called I was an hour on hold and never made it through to a person.

Now should I pay the support ticket, will they be able to fix it? I love this computer (9333) but the noise is making me crazy, and the way Dell handles this issue even more ..

I looked at MacBooks and they weren't quite the right thing for me, what alternatives are out there? (portable, powerful, running linux without too much hassle)

Thank you all!

0 Kudos
dellrocks
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Ditch that thing and get a pre-9333 XPS 13.  No fan/whine issue.  I have 12 of them and they all run Gentoo Linux perfectly.

0 Kudos
jscs
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Funny thing is I had one but got rid of it because I just needed to have haswell ... any particular 9xxx numbers you can recommend over others? How powerful are they? I kinda dig how much this little machine is packing ... (dev edition)

0 Kudos
dellrocks
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Mine says:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3667U CPU @ 2.00GHz

0 Kudos
jimbasilio
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Have you considered system76? Their new skylake laptops look nice:

https://system76.com/laptops/lemur

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sorry you experienced so many problems. I too bought mine for work and it was shipped a week ago. Exact same laptop. Within 60 min of the fed express guy leaving I was trying to get help. My issue(s) are the screen going black, super loud buzzing and it was getting so hot I worried it was going to start smoking.  I came online and hurriedly pasted my ready made issue as I knew it would boot me within 3-4 min.  I desperately needed mine as both my Mac and Acer died within 2 days of each other (4&5 year olds) well I did crash and hoped that agent saw my query.  The phone rang and she said they would replace it - I called today and  they are almost done building it.    I hope you get your issues taken care of.

0 Kudos