Rignano
1 Copper

RE: New XPS 13 (9333) Constant Noise

Jump to solution

Just got a new XPS 13 9350 i5 and the coil whine isn't too bad except after a reboot. After a soft reboot then the coil whine is really loud during boot and then in any heavy-use programmes such as games (can even hear it across the room squealing).

If I put the laptop to sleep or shut it down then when I start it up again the coil whine is gone (unless I put my ear to the keyboard). If I reboot then the coil whine comes back. I can replicate this issue consistently.

Tried updating everything, deactivating the C-state in bios, changing the Intel display drivers but nothing seems to change the issue.

Everything else seems ok with the laptop so unsure what to do.

0 Kudos
axtom
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just got the new XPS 13 9360 i7, annoying buzzing still there. DELL where is the quality control ? it's very nice hardware other than that but the buzzing is a no-go for this notebook, returning it in next days.

riclf
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Such a shame. Such a fine design, a go-to choice but for the whine in every iteration of the XPS 13. Why is this ignored?

0 Kudos
jevelin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

THE ONLY WORKING SOLUTION TO STOP THE BUZZING NOISE IS TO KEEP A USB DEVICE (USB MEMORY KEY, MODEM THE ONES I TRIED) PLUGGED IN ONE OF THE PORTS. THE SOUND STOPS. AT LEAST FOR ME THIS SOLUTION WORKED PERFECTLY. JUST LEAVE A SMALL AND THIN USB KEY PLUGGED IN SO IT DOESNT BOTHER.

0 Kudos