Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2015 19:00

New XPS 13 unable to disable adaptive brightness

I am unable to disable the adaptive brightness on the i5 HD 5500 1080p version of the new XPS 13.

When I view a dark page, the screen will dim, and when I view a bright page, the screen will get brighter. This is extremely annoying and all the options I've tried have not fixed this issue at all.

Turning off the enable adaptive brightness option in the advanced power settings does nothing. I have this done on all power plans.

The option for disabling it that should be in the Intel Graphics Driver does not exist.

Disabling the Sensor Monitoring Service doesn't fix it either.

I have the latest version of the Intel Graphics drivers. Uninstalling it doesn't fix it either.

Installing another operating system doesn't fix it either, so I'm assuming this is some sort of hardware problem.

Does anyone have a solution to this annoying issue?

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2017 02:00

Just looking for confirmation that no solution has ever been found for FHD panels?

Are there at least some settings or maybe BIOS update that can mitigate the problem? Just to understand if it's worth to waste more time with this issue updating all the drivers and BIOS or not, I just got it second hand and I'm planning to sell it back if the issue stays as it is now.

I have an XPS 13 9343.

Thank you

7 Posts

November 2nd, 2017 04:00

No solution for FHD panels. Dell has not and will not release any firmware updates because it is not possible to update the screen FW via software.

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2017 04:00

Thank you. No way to mitigate it either?

7 Posts

November 2nd, 2017 17:00

None that I could find myself or by anyone else online. Basically gave my laptop away after trying to deal with Adaptive brightness, coilwhine and dead pixels which kept coming up after multiple panel replacements.YMMV

No Events found!