Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2017 11:00

New XPS 15 9560 Slow, Stuttering and Freezing - Especially in Chrome

My new XPS 15 9560 is terribly slow and freezes, especially when using Chrome (I'm writing this using Edge)  I have only run Windows Update, installed Chrome (in admin account), created a regular user and logged into Dropbox under my regular user account.  I have run the dell diagnostics which reported no problems. 

The machine is unusable in Chrome and Edge stutters and lags also.  I'm incredibly  disappointed as this brand new machine, with virtually no software installed is even slower than the 5 year old machine it was to replace.

Any ideas?  Maybe I just need to return the machine and buy another brand.

And now the reCAPTCHA is freezing so I can't post this message.  ***!

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 12:00

I had the same issue. I updated the driver for Intel HD 630 and the problem is gone.

Please, have a look here on what to do: blog.anichin.com/.../

1 Message

March 3rd, 2017 13:00

same

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 19:00

www.reddit.com/.../

Do everything on this list, should help you out

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 19:00

go to google and search this subreddit  "Got my brand new XPS 9560 a couple days ago, it wasn't perfect but it is now" along those lines and try to fix your problems by searching what is relevant on that list, should help tremendously, i've had the same experience as you just yesterday when i got my machine.

Cheers

1 Message

March 3rd, 2017 22:00

i have the same problem, i tried manually updating drivers but its not fixed

9 Posts

March 5th, 2017 08:00

I have installed the latest Dell BIOS, and video, audio and processor drivers. It is running much better, but I still can't use Chrome because of the lagging and freezing.   I still have not installed additional software to reduce variables.

Still looking for a complete solution. I should not have this problem with a brand new machine.

9 Posts

March 15th, 2017 17:00

I've done all of that and still can't use Chrome. Even the new Chrome 58.0.3029.19/20 crawls and freezes my new machine.  I have to use Edge as a browser.  

1 Message

March 19th, 2017 13:00

I've uninstalled and installed the Intel HD Graphics 630 driver as others have suggested and it's NOT fixed. I also notice that it freezes in Gmail. Unbelievably annoying for a NEW laptop not 1 week out of the box. Dell NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!

4 Posts

March 21st, 2017 16:00

I am having the same problem - it happens frequently in Chrome, particularly when typing messages in Gmail. I have no problems with Firefox.

2 Posts

March 21st, 2017 17:00

same here. Installed Firefox now and testing if its work better. But want to use Chrome. Hope there will be a fix soon!

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2017 03:00

www.reddit.com/.../

Maybe this is the solution.

March 22nd, 2017 10:00

I have experienced exactly the same problem....it was very frustrating!

If the problem is likely to happen in browser, try this.

I had McAfee antivirus installed on my new xps 15, by dell.

I have uninstalled it, put my very much loved ESET ....believe it or not...problem resolved!

It not that eset works better, the problem is that McAfee is not.

March 22nd, 2017 10:00

I have experienced exactly the same problem....it was very frustrating!

If the problem is likely to happen in browser, try this.

I had McAfee antivirus installed on my new xps 15, by dell.

I have uninstalled it, put my very much loved ESET ....believe it or not...problem resolved!

9 Posts

March 22nd, 2017 14:00

disabling "Hardware Acceleration" fixed my chrome lagging issue.

chrome://settings/ >Show advanced settings… >System > Untick "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Restart Chrome by entering "chrome://restart" in omnibar without quotes.

5 Posts

March 23rd, 2017 05:00

Yes! Hardware acceleration in Chrome is bad. Was hoping to see someone post that as the answer. Also the first thing I had to do, day one. Also, if you're a Slack user (which runs the Chrome engine) you'll notice the same issue. Run this command to start Slack, instead: slack://notReallyWindows10

No Events found!