Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 25th, 2014 01:00

New XPS 9530 Battery issue

Hi Guys,

I'm on my second XPS 9530 machine since the first one was replaced due to coil whine, but I have had this battery issue on both which is leading me to believe that it's not a hardware issue. The issue is that on stock balanced power mode, with the screen brightness right down, with no applications open, I am only getting a max of 2 hours battery life. This is obviously a far cry from the stated 10 hours (which other people have been getting).

I have the version that comes with the 32GB SSD and 1TB HDD, when I first received the unit I removed the SSD and replaced it with a samsung 250GB version. This naturally meant that I needed to reinstall windows. I ordered a windows 8.1 USB installer from Dell and used that so I could use the Laptop's license for windows and proceeded to install all of the drivers Dell had available for the laptop.

I have read in another forum post that there have been issues with Dell's version of the integrated graphics driver, but after removing this and reinstalling with Intel's own version there has been no change. I have done this for the dedicated driver too.

I really don't know what else to do at this point, I must be missing something that it needs in terms of software...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 Posts

September 21st, 2014 14:00

Hey JORDANNEENAN,

I have had my XPS 9530 machine for less than a month and I feel your frustration. After only using it for work the battery lasted 3 hrs when brand new. Now after not even a full month my battery on full last less than 2 hours. (Brightness 0%, Backlight off, touch screen off, Everything to maximize battery life has been done) Like you've said too Fully Charged at 100% and then 10 minutes later its at 90%. This is absolutely ridiculous seeing as how the direct competitor, the Apple MacBook Pro lasts 11+ hours consistently even while running demanding tasks. Dell fix your flagship model... $2000+ is beyond premium for a laptop, we expect and deserve more.

I've read everywhere to try and find a fix for this, but I have come across nothing... Just wanted to post this to let you know you aren't the only one out therewith this problem... Good Luck.

No Events found!