Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2015 03:00

New XPS13 (9350) Battery Indicator Flashing Amber/White

Hi,

I've had my new XPS13 for about six weeks. It has been working fine.

Last night as I was using it, the screen suddenly went blank and I can't find any way to get it working again.

There's one clue though. When I press the power button, the light under the trackpad (which is, I think, the battery indicator light) starts flashing. It flashes amber twice and then white once. It repeats this a few times before stopping.

I assume this flash pattern is trying to tell me something, but I can't find any documentation for this. So can someone please help me out with a couple of things.

1/ A pointer to the documentation for these flash patterns.

2/ A suggest for a solution for my current problem.

Thanks,

Dave...

1.2K Posts

December 16th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

Based on the given information, kindly try these steps and advise the result.

*Have any recent changes(software/hardware) done to the system?

*Is the same issue seen with charger & battery ?or have you tried to power on the system with charger only?

*Have you tried to release static charge from the system by removing the charger & battery then just keep the power button pressed for about 15- 20 seconds. Then try to power on the system with charger or battery.

*When the charger is connected to the system does the light on the charger continue to stay on ?

Do reply to this post with the system tag  and the result of these troubleshooting steps performed via private message.

January 20th, 2016 06:00

I am also facing the same issue,

*Have any recent changes(software/hardware) done to the system?

no software installed yet, it was my 3 rd day with this laptop

*Is the same issue seen with charger & battery ?or have you tried to power on the system with charger only?

yupp

*Have you tried to release static charge from the system by removing the charger & battery then just keep the power button pressed for about 15- 20 seconds. Then try to power on the system with charger or battery.

yupp, same response

*When the charger is connected to the system does the light on the charger continue to stay on ?

yes it ON.

1.2K Posts

January 21st, 2016 04:00

Hi, 

Based on the information given its an out of box failure .I would suggest you to take the system back to the reseller so that he can assist you.

Regards,

1.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 02:00

Hi,

Based on the information given its an out of box failure .I would suggest you to take the system back to the reseller so that he can assist you.

Regards,

February 28th, 2016 05:00

Hi there, I have a similar issue at the moment.

I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 9350 and have been installing drivers:

1) Dell Wireless 1820A WiFi Driver (Because there was an error with the driver that didn't allow me to get Wi-Fi)

2) Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth Driver

3) Dell XPS 13 9350 System BIOS

After running the BIOS driver, the screen turned black and there has been a constant white and amber lights repeating 2 times each. I'm not actually sure whether the system BIOS is still running or not.

If you could please aid me in this, that would be much appreciated! Thank you.

February 28th, 2016 05:00

Hi there, I have a similar issue at the moment.

I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 9350 and have been installing drivers:

1) Dell Wireless 1820A WiFi Driver (Because there was an error with the driver that didn't allow me to get Wi-Fi)

2) Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth Driver

3) Dell XPS 13 9350 System BIOS

After running the BIOS driver, the screen turned black and there has been a constant white and amber lights repeating 2 times each. I'm not actually sure whether the system BIOS is still running or not.

If you could please aid me in this, that would be much appreciated! Thank you.

6 Posts

June 27th, 2016 11:00

Hi there,

Is any further progress regarding this "2 amber + 1 white blinks"? How to fix this? Or only solution is to return my laptop back?

November 29th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

Is there any further progress regarding this "2 amber + 1 white blinks"? The only solution is to return the laptop back?

Could someone in Dell provide an accurate response?

6 Posts

November 30th, 2016 10:00

I returned my XPS to service center for repairing. I was informed about main board was replaced by new one. So seems this is quite serious hardware fault.

But let's wait and hope for response from Dell here.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 6th, 2016 03:00

The mainboard and CPU are one unit in this model - call Dell to have the system exchanged for a working one.

1 Message

December 6th, 2016 03:00

I am facing the same problem with my Machine , it is 4th day of using this brand new machine & it is giving me "2 Amber 1 White" light issue. Machine is not turning on what so ever.

Dell please provide inputs as if these are symptoms of motherboard or CPU failure ?

No Events found!