I replaced the battery on my Dell Inprion 1521. I followed the manufacturer's instructions, namely;
- start by charging the battery overnight with the computer turned off.
- Once charged, you should discharge the battery until the computer thyat the battery is low.
- Allow the battery to cool for 30 minutes
- Reharge the battery the battery in naccordance with owner's manual
- Repeat process for a total of 3 charge/discharge cycle.
However to no avail. The battery charge icon reads "2% available (plugged in not charging)"
Can anyone suggest a solution?
If you've already tried a new Dell battery, then the next two possibilities are that the power adapter or mainboard is faulty.