Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2014 07:00

New battery not recognized on my Dell Latitude XT2

I have a Dell Latitude XT2. Battery was exhausted, so bought a new genuine Dell battery for XT2. When adding the battery the battery light was starting to flash orange and the bios tells me that the it isn't a Dell Battery.

I have tried several things as loading bios defaults and removing all power resources as well the bios battery. Nothing works.

Any help is welcome.

R

January 22nd, 2014 08:00

Hello R,

This occurs on very rare occasions.  You can try to insert the old battery and update the Bios, then insert the new battery after the XT2 restarts.  You may also try to charge the new battery for a while which may resolve the issue on its own.  If the problem persists, you may have to return this battery for a replacement, if it is within the return time frame.

I hope this helps,

~Maureen

#iwork4Dell

4 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 13:00

Thanks Maureen for the quick reply.

The problem is that the firmware is already on the latest release and have also tried an Yanec battery which gives the same problem.

But I will try to load the Dell battery over night and see whats happening.

Ronald

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 13:00

Dear Maureen,

I am very disappointed, neither of your options did solve the problem. So even buying the correct spare-part can get you in trouble. I have checked again but legacy battery and new one are exactly the same on p/n number. So how now to act?

Ronald

January 29th, 2014 12:00

Hello Ronald,

I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to have an issue with the battery.  Did you try to insert the old battery and try a previous version of the Bios?  What are the part number or ppid numbers on the 3 batteries (original battery, new battery, and known good that you are testing)?  The ppid number is a 20 to 23 alpha-numeric code, usually found on the same sticker as the bar code. It will begin with two letters, such as CN or KR, to designate the country of origin.

Maureen

4 Posts

January 30th, 2014 04:00

Maureen,

Already send back the battery. Now ordered a new one through Dell. Hopefully this would help.

BTW, another Dell support engineer prevented me to downgrade the bios version, because this could harm the OS running on the machine.

Anyhow. I don't like it when this kind of mechanisms are build in a system. I want to be able to refresh a battery, even when it is a battery from another vendor like Yanec or so. It is just a battery.

Ronald

No Events found!