Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2016 09:00

New laptop 7 beeps, no boot

This Dell Inspiron 5555 is brand new, received it 3 days ago.  Of the 4 times I've powered it on, twice it has only beeped in patterns of 7 and would not boot up.  I pressed the power button to turn it off, then started it again and it booted up. 

I've already tried discharging static, but it did it this morning again anyway.  Frustrating to have a brand new system doing this.

Thanks for any help.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 24th, 2016 21:00

Hi AdminHH,

7 Beeps during startup on an Inspiron system means a processor failure wherein the processor is not detected on the system board. It may be due to the processor faulty or if the processor slot is faulty then its motherboard issue. Please share the system service tag along with registered owner's name, region you are located and your email address on a private message. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 25th, 2016 04:00

Contact Dell to return the system for replacement - there is no point in repairing a brand new sysetm.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 25th, 2016 04:00

Contact Dell to return the system for replacement - there is no point in repairing a brand new system.

3 Posts

September 25th, 2016 12:00

Thank you for the response. I have sent Ravi the info he requested and am waiting to hear back.

3 Posts

September 26th, 2016 10:00

Hello Ravi.  I sent the PM with the info you requested.  Can you advise me what to do? The problems are still occurring.  Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 26th, 2016 23:00

Hi,

We have replied to your post in private message. Please check and reply.

3 Posts

September 27th, 2016 01:00

Go to Dell Service Centre and tell them about Laptop beep problem. They will resolve this issue.

No Events found!