Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 03-10-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
Not applicable

No Battery is detected ??

Hi,

I have DELL Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and it's been one and half year since i bought this laptop so my warranty is already expired. I am experiencing a weird problem with my battery. This morning when i started my laptop (Vista Home Edition) on AC power, the battery icon (battery with plug) was showing a cross and when i hovered over the icon, it says 'No Battery is detected. When i open the battery meter software, the first tab 'battery status' was showing all controls empty and disabled. I thought perhaps my battery is dead, but my laptop is working OK with AC power as well as on battery. Battery light turn green/yellow when it's on AC power but it is RED when i remove the AC power but system keeps working. In battery mode the battery meter icon doesn't change (it normally changes to show a battery without the plug). I am not sure what to do, what has happened? my battery is dead or battery meter software is not behaving?

Replies (35)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Yeah well, the problem is that the trouble-shooting guide do not talk about unrecognized battery... I'm able to go through it, and it don't solve my problem. And as I said, I bought a new battery and it's not working... not recognized...

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I used the trouble-shooting guide on the Dell website and it indicated my battery needed to be replaced. I did so, with a used one from ebay and everything works fine now. I guess the processor in the the original bettery isn't working. I'm looking for a way to have this type of bettery refurbushed, including the IC module. Try the interactive trouble-shooting guide. and good luck.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I had the exact same problem: The battery showed power, but the computer just don't seem to rely on it when the AC adapter is unpluged.

Worst, I reinstalled Window recently and the battery is simply no longer recognized. I figured that it might be a driver problem, as it worked before the reinstallation... is there anyone that can tell me how to proceed?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I just bought a '07 E1705 that was reloaded with XP. When it got back from the shop, the battery was unrecognized by the computer. I don't know wht's up.

Hi,

I have DELL Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and it's been one and half year since i bought this laptop so my warranty is already expired. I am experiencing a weird problem with my battery. This morning when i started my laptop (Vista Home Edition) on AC power, the battery icon (battery with plug) was showing a cross and when i hovered over the icon, it says 'No Battery is detected. When i open the battery meter software, the first tab 'battery status' was showing all controls empty and disabled. I thought perhaps my battery is dead, but my laptop is working OK with AC power as well as on battery. Battery light turn green/yellow when it's on AC power but it is RED when i remove the AC power but system keeps working. In battery mode the battery meter icon doesn't change (it normally changes to show a battery without the plug). I am not sure what to do, what has happened? my battery is dead or battery meter software is not behaving?

ny ideas?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi!

I have excatly the same problem as described above. I also have Inspiron 6400. Can someone please help because i cannot upgrade my bios to A17.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor