diverseit
1 Copper

Re: No Battery is detected ??

Jump to solution

Try unistalling "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver(s) , reboot, see it resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
diverseit
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Notebook batteries are rated to last about 400 cycles, which typically means one year of standard use. However, I have seen them last longer. The precise amount of time you get out of a battery is dependent upon the usage & environmental factors.

If the BIOS is not detecting the battery the problem is either with the battery itself or the battery bay/motherboard on the system. If you have access to another system (same type) I would recommend swapping out batteries to rule out possibilities and also to see if the BIOS will detect it.

If the problem is found in the bay/motherboard then contact Dell technical support (assuming the system is still in warranty, which they can check) to see about getting it fixed. If the problem is the battery, and it is outside the one year battery warranty, then you would need to purchase a replacement.

TealThumb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I read through everyone's suggestions and figured out what was wrong. I purchased a 9-hour battery after believing my current battery was dead.  I plugged the new battery in and it was at 36% power!  Excited because the battery was recognized, I let it run down as per manufacturer's suggestion in order to get a maximum charge.  After plugging my laptop in, again!  No battery installed.  I was frustrated, googled, found this page and I uninstalled the drivers as suggested in a previous post and rebooted.  Now it could see my battery but it was refusing to charge.  I had also purchased a new AC Adapter because my old one was falling apart.  Upon plugging in the new adapter/charger, my battery is now not only recognized, but it's also charging!  🙂 

Sometimes you just have to work your way through many options.  Thankfully, my issue was not one that required a new motherboard.  🙂  Be positive!

Jump to solution

Hi Teal Thumb,

I am having problems with my battery I bought a new battery and power supply I have uninstalled "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control with no luck.

When I put in my new battery my computer will not even power up.  I put the old one back in and the computer powers up but still says no battery detected and will not charge.

When you put in a new battery did you have to make any changes to the system bio's or any other part of the computer?

TIA

harriet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
diverseit
1 Copper

Jump to solution

There are no system configurations or changes that need to take place when you purchase a new battery or power charger. I suspect it's your motherboard.

0 Kudos
diablo75mx
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi! i'd have the same problem, i never reinstall windows, never hit the lap, but the system start's to say: "No battery is detected..." so i'd removed the battery like 20 times, in, out, in, out..... and that's it my battery is working again, so i think the problem is a contect problem in the terminals between the mother board an the battery, but i do't know, thanks

0 Kudos
zahidbhatti
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi All.

I hope the problems of 'Battery Not Detected' are going on in most of the cases. Im also facing the same problem. But, honestly I wonder why the Dell people don't respond to solve them, Thi is is really veryyy strange and not expected from a well established compnay. Doesn't the Dell have any responsibility affter the warranty is expired. I think Dedll should better wake up and endeavour to do something of the much talked about 'Customer satisfaction'. Best of luck till such time Dell wakes up.

0 Kudos
felicien
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Zahid,

I think it's another good compagnie for an iminent bankrupt, myself I'll never buy a DELL product anymore, and a bunch freinds of mine will do so..and I'm pretty sure there are lot of people are experiencing the same situation with Dell

Tags (1)
diverseit
1 Copper

Jump to solution

There
are four people out of millions that have acknowledged this issue here. Don't
be dramatic. If you just bought your system call DELL support - they have the
best support in the industry (sorry but if you think they are bad you are in
for a rude awakening). When I say this I speak from experience my company (a
technology company) has dealt with every major vendor out there…IBM, HP, Apple,
etc.

If you bought the battery as a replacement it is covered by a 1 yr warranty…again
call DELL and they will handle it. There is a reason that only a few voices are
on this post. 🙂

SIDE
NOTE: Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date. You can download and install it from
http://support.dell.com

Best
of luck!

0 Kudos
diverseit
1 Copper

Jump to solution

FYI there are only a few battery providers for ALL the computer mfgs. DELL does not make their own batteries. It is very common for a battery life to last 1 to 3 years depending on environmental issues.

0 Kudos