diverseit
1 Copper

Re: No Battery is detected ??

Jump to solution

I hoped you called DELL they have been known to "help" customers out if it was close to the 1yr mark.

0 Kudos
Aguilar98
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had this very same problem.  I contacted Dell about this issue via Dell Live Chat.  After a few troubleshooting steps the battery issue was resolved.  This was the solution provided by Dell:   "Please remove the battery and ac adaptor.  Then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.  Now wait for 2 minutes.  Please reconnect the battery and ac adaptor and power on the system."  This simple process resolved my issue.  Once the laptop was powered back up the battery icon was back to normal and charging again.  The Dell technician also advised that at least once a week I should unplug the laptop from the ac source and run on battery power only.  He said I should run on battery power until the battery is completely drained and discharged.  Said this will improve battery performance and increase battery life.  I've started doing this once a week and have experienced much better battery performance than my other Dell laptop which is constantly on ac power.  Apparently the batteries get atrophy and become dependant on ac power if you don't regularly use them without ac power.  Guess batteries need an occasional workout too.

Tags (1)
costarica2001
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi.  Just wanted to thank you for this post.  I actually was using a non dell computer but tried this and it worked!  Believe me, I've tried everything.  This laptop is an HP and I bought a replacement battery about a year ago from Radio Shack.  When the battery is drained it simply would not power up.  Trying the solution worked.  Thanks so much for saving me money.  I was ready to go out and buy yet another battery and spend another $110 of hard earned dough. 

0 Kudos
paturuzu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This reply may be out of date, but I had today the same error message: "no battery detected" , plus the red cross on the battery icon. The laptop would switch off as soon as the battery adaptor cable got disconected!!!.

This puzzle may be solved as following: (Windows7)

Control panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Power Options/ Dell Battery Meter/

Battery Life : tic disable battery charging!!!

0 Kudos
karma123
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem as you have mentioned above. My laptop is Dell, Vostro 3400 (Window 7). After going through many forum i suspect that i had problem with the battery (as my battery is dead). I plug in my adapter (AC power) for few minutes and turned off the computer and restarted the PC. It was working fine with X sign on battery vanished. 

0 Kudos
abusinsan
1 Copper

RE: No Battery is detected ??

Jump to solution

I have DELL Inspiro 1521 Laptop my battery battery power signal x no battery is detected on AC power, the battery icon (battery with plug) was showing a cross and when i hovered over the icon, it says 'No Battery is detected. When i open the battery meter software, the first tab 'battery status' was showing all controls empty and disabled. I thought perhaps my battery is dead, but my laptop is working OK with AC power as well as on battery. Battery light turn green/yellow when it's on AC power but it is RED when i remove the AC power but system keeps working. In battery mode the battery meter icon doesn't change,(it normally changes to show a battery without the plug). I am not sure what to do, what has happened? my battery is dead or battery meter software is not behaving

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Me too. I removed the battery cleaned the area and inserted it again. Worked like a charm !!.

I think the problem should be with the contact at terminals.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
paragbaji
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Try unistalling "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver(s) , reboot, see it resolves the issue.

With my case this helped... Device Manger-Battteries-Mircrosoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery-Right Click- Uninstall- Computer- Right Click- Scan For Hardware Changes...
That did the job... Keep the good work.

-Regards,

Parag S Baji

0 Kudos
hwilliams1970
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Mr. Diverseit, or whoever you are, try not to be so <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> rude. You are in customer service whether you like it or not!! My husband is VP of IT Operations and Infrastructure at a Major company, you need to chill out. These are just regular people, like me, who don't know *** about computers. We just buy them and pay your <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> salary!!! Best of luck!

0 Kudos
hwilliams1970
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You are soooo rude!!! I can't even believe you haven't been fired yet. All you IT dudes think your <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> don't stink---let me tell you, it DOES, BIGTIME!!!

0 Kudos