jeffgilkey
1 Copper

RE: No Battery is detected ??

Jump to solution

Yeah man, you were so rude almost three years ago. Makes me sick. I sure am glad I got an email today alerting me to your rudeness, thanks HWilliams1970. Thankfully I just sit around sans-pants instead of working, responding to rudies like you on posts that were made in 2011 when I did have something better to do. OMG soooooo RUDE!

0 Kudos
walldoo99
1 Copper

Jump to solution

If your battery is not recognized by the computer the most common issue is the battery itself. I noticed the other day that mine wasn't charging. It said at 95% plugged in and not charging. there is nothing in the software to fix this, it's not a driver, it is in the bios. 99% of the time it's a battery and the only way to test it is to replace it. So, Jim here had it right. If you buy a battery online, check the return policy first so if that doesn't fix the problem for you, you can return it and you're only out the shipping charge.

0 Kudos
nirmalkarki
1 Copper

Jump to solution

my dell insp 3421 laptop battery is not detected . I change battery charger and i installed win 7 64 bit but problem is not solve what i do ?

walldoo99
1 Copper

Jump to solution

read the post directly above your post. The new batteries have a chip in it that detects it is wearing out and stop telling the laptop that it's there. So your 4 hour battery doesn't go to 3 and then 2 hours, it becomes worthless according to what I have found online.

0 Kudos
Fararo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem just now. I tried this one out. it worked with me !! I just do as this; "Please remove the battery and ac adaptor.  Then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.  Now wait for 2 minutes.  Please reconnect the battery and ac adaptor and power on the system."  now it come back to normal. thanks !!!

0 Kudos