Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 07-26-2013 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

No Bluetooth on Device Manager

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 14R (N4010) with 64-bit operating system.

When I first got it, the Bluetooth was working fine until recently. It stopped working and no way to connect any device via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth device is no where to be found on the computer. Not in Control Panel, not in Device Manager. Help.

Replies (9)
4 Beryllium

Hi amacoum,

It appears to be an issue with the Bluetooth drivers. Please share the screenshot of Device Manager with Network Adapter and Other Devices expanded. Here are the steps:

• Press the key combination Windows Logo key + R key to open Run dialog box.
  • Type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  • The Device Manager windows will appear.
  • Click on the sign next to Network Adapters and Other Devices to expand them.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist further.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thank you,

here's a screenshot of Device Manager

4 Beryllium

Hi amacoum,

It appears that the Bluetooth drivers are missing from the system. Please install the following set of drivers and check if the issue gets resolved:

Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth: http://dell.to/13pGUXU

Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module: http://dell.to/13pHuF2

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi,

I tried to install the drivers you suggested but I couldn't. That's what I got for both of them. I looked every wireless switch and I couldn't find Bluetooth anywhere.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

4 Beryllium

Hi amacoum,

Please update the Quickset Application from the link http://dell.to/1aDVez3. Try enabling the Bluetooth using the key combination 'Fn+F2' keys. Also, check if the Bluetooth is enabled under Radios option in Windows Mobility Center. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
  • Type Windows Mobility Center in the search box and open it.
  • There will be an option to enable Radios. Make sure Bluetooth is selected.

Once enabled, please try installing the drivers again and check Bluetooth functionality. Hope this helps.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi there could you clarify if my laptop actually has bluetooth? its a dell studio PP33L service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

I have options in control panel but no device in device manager, neither an option in mobility center. I have symbol on keyboard facia next to wifi light but cannot switch it on (have tried fn -> f2)

Help!

All i wanna do is bluetooth to my mobile and sync it !!

Dani.

4 Tellurium

Bluetooth was an option on your system. Did you specify Bluetooth option when you purchased the laptop? If it's not appearing in Device Manager my guess is you don't have Bluetooth.

Robin

4 Beryllium

Hi Dani,

Your system was not shipped with a Bluetooth card. So, it will not be possible to sync your mobile handset using Bluetooth functionality. Please remove the service tag from public view for security reasons.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor