Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 6th, 2014 09:00

No Factory Image Found

Sir/Madam, I Purchased this laptop, (Inspiron 3521) through ebay.in and after 3 months I found that it has no factory installed image in it (but mentioned during purchase). I still have warranty till march 2015. Can I be able to replace the faulty disc with new one win8 installed.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 6th, 2014 10:00

You will need to contact the registered owner and have that person or company transfer the transferred into your name.  Assuming it was originally sold in the same market where you're using it, that will activate your warranty and should cover the problem.

Until that's done, you have no warranty at all.

Contact the seller of the system.

November 6th, 2014 21:00

yes sir I transferred the "Tag" to my name and I also contacted Dell about it. They told me that my warranty is activated.

Then now what can I do sir.?

How can I claim warranty for not having this factory Image.? 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 7th, 2014 04:00

Call Dell for the recovery media, or ask the seller why the factory image wasn't on the system.

November 9th, 2014 04:00

Yeah , i got that sir.. Dell India sent me my OS in a Disk..

Another problem is, in the Dell Backup and recovery software , under system backup it always shows "Location Missing" in a red color box. So I am not able to create a image of my OS ..

How should I solve this ?:emotion-6:

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 9th, 2014 05:00

You will need to clean install using the Dell Windows 8.1 Reinstallation DVD, see here.

November 9th, 2014 07:00

Its confusing actually,

my system is built with windows 8.0 OS and i updated it to 8.1.... but why i am viewing 
"Location Missing" .. 

and  I am getting a recovery media from dell tomo to genuinely install windows. How to enter the key that in predefined in my motherboard. ??

Do i want to find that manually? or will it be automatically captured when installing?

If it has to capture  the key and if it failed to capture what should I do?

Please explain step by step.. Its really confusing in the other page that u provided..

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 9th, 2014 07:00

If you're using the Dell recovery media, you do not need a product key.  Insert the first of the DVDs or connect the flash drive, boot from it and follow the prompts.

If you do not have the Dell recovery media, you will need to contact Dell for it.

November 9th, 2014 08:00

Yeah tomorrow they said i'll be receiving my dell recovery media as a disk...

And another problem is, when I went to My Dell Downloads to download system installed software, is says "Service Tag" not supported.

I did my tag transfer hardly around 7 days back to India, and still if i go to that site using IExplorer x32bit, it examines my system and displays "service tag not supported"..

how to proceed?

Santhosh

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 9th, 2014 09:00

The My Dell Downloads is a US site -- it may not work with international systems.

November 9th, 2014 10:00

No its available for Indian site also.. I can see that... It also examines my PC. Yet the syspro exe is not at all showing. It says tag not supported

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 9th, 2014 11:00

That would be a question for the seller of the system. 

November 9th, 2014 22:00

he, (the seller), says nothing.

He say he can help me out.

there should be another way nah ?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 10th, 2014 04:00

My Dell Downloads works outside the US. It is obsolete however and I'm not surprised it says service tag not supported. For newer systems Dell Digital Delivery would instead be applicable but only if non-standard software was purchased.

Follow my A Clean Install of Windows 8.1 for best results.

This guide has download links for installation media and instructs you on obtaining your BIOS SLP key.

No Events found!