Highlighted
Lauterbach
1 Copper

No Sound on Inspiron 1150 Error code 1B22:061B

Jump to solution

Reinstalled new OS in Windows XP everything seems to be working ok. Ran Dell Diagnostic and found Error 1B22:061B The user's Response indicated a failure

Any Ideas that I can try

I have replaced the internal speakers as well too !

Thanks for your help!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: No Sound on Inspiron 1150 Error code 1B22:061B

Jump to solution

Error codes mean failure of the test (barring user error). Be sure to also run the test using headphones to see if there is a signal at the jack.

The solution for failed audio hardware is to replace the motherboard or get an external sound card. Your model can use any usb sound card. It can also use a pcmcia card that fits into your PC Cardbus slot but I believe those are no longer being made. However if you are still getting a signal at the jack there is no point in getting an external sound card because you will need external speakers in either case.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: No Sound on Inspiron 1150 Error code 1B22:061B

Jump to solution

Error codes mean failure of the test (barring user error). Be sure to also run the test using headphones to see if there is a signal at the jack.

The solution for failed audio hardware is to replace the motherboard or get an external sound card. Your model can use any usb sound card. It can also use a pcmcia card that fits into your PC Cardbus slot but I believe those are no longer being made. However if you are still getting a signal at the jack there is no point in getting an external sound card because you will need external speakers in either case.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos