Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2010 12:00

No User Manual for Latitude E6400

What''s up with this.  Last March a fellow asked about a User Guide and there still isn't one out there.  Lots of service manuals but no User Guide.  Perhaps they need service manuals as a result of user's breaking the things because there's no User Guide. 

Wait, I know... the E6400 is designed for corporate use.  Corporations don't want users to know anything about their computers because then they'll fiddle with them, so they asked Dell to not make a user's guide.  Good old Dell, responding to customer needs.  Thanks Dell! 

John

2.2K Posts

October 12th, 2010 12:00

What information are you seeking? Someone here will most likely be able to answer it.

In the meantime, it looks like the link below has pretty similar information as you would find in a user's manual:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/late6400/en/sfit/Nu0312D.pdf

2 Posts

October 12th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for the quick response.  I already found the link you provided.

I have a new E6400.  Right now I'd like to know "when the laptop appears to go to sleep, how do I wake it up?"    My corporate screen saver that I cannot change causes the screen to go black after about 3 minutes.  If I catch if fast enough, ctlr-alt-del takes me to the password screen and I can get back in.  But if I don't catch it quickly then I guess it goes to sleep or maybe hibernate whatever that is.  The only thing to do then is hit the power button but then I've lost whatever I'm working on and takes 10 minutes to reboot.

John

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Press quickly but DO NOT hold, the power button.  The system will wake up.

2.2K Posts

Also, not to sound obvious, but save often just to be safe.

67 Posts

October 13th, 2010 09:00

You also should be able to get help from your corporate computer help desk. If they're responsible for configuring the computer that way, they also know how to wake it up.

No Events found!