Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2017 01:00

No audio from speakers or headsets

I have a laptop running both windows 10 and ubuntu. The audio worked just fine but since yesterday I couldn't hear a thing  on windows or ubuntu.. There is a red circle with a white 'X' on the speaker icon in the taskbar. When I hower my mouse over it, it says "No Audio Output Device is installed". 

I tried to find solutions online but I couldn't solve the issue. I don't have the  "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" option under Device Manager. Sound/ Playback gives the message  "No audio devices are installed". I can't open the Realtek app. When I ran driver easy, it said that Realtek audio is unplugged.

Please do help me. I've been working on this for a while now and have had no luck. Any help is appreciated.Thank you. 

• 

16.7K Posts

July 14th, 2017 07:00

theodorebear,

Click the link below to choose your computer model and then the OS you have installed. Download and install the chipset drivers first and reboot. You can then download and install the audio drivers and install them as well. Reboot the machine. Depending on the system Dell may not have Ubuntu drivers.

No Events found!