szollar
2 Bronze

Re: No screen after resume from Sleep, XPS 12 9Q33

I have a brand new XPS12, this is already my second one, the first one arrived with an LCD problem, and I have these same and some add'l problems:

1. I cannot wake the laptop from sleep ever - doesn't matter if I'm using it as a tablet or a laptop, the only way to bring it back is a hard reboot (I've just followed the instructions to turn off the intel rapid start so we'll see if that works). The strange thing is the laptop is very hot when I pick it up even though the screen is off and I haven't used it in hours

2. I have the buzzing on and off

3. The touch screen is sometimes unresponsive for quite a while

4. Similarly, sometimes the trackpad is unresponsive, or, another thing that happens when I scroll down with the trackpad on a browswer page is that it keeps jumping back to a higher point in the page

0 Kudos
jkblack
2 Bronze

Is there any way to stop the IRST Manager giving the alert every time I start up "Your system does not appear to have IRST enabled"? I don't want to risk startup paralysis by disabling the wrong startup process ...

does anyone know how do you get rid of this nagging popup once you disable in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
vac59
2 Bronze

Uninstall the IRST application :/

0 Kudos
jkblack
2 Bronze

so i did that, and still get the pop-up.

0 Kudos
dageezerus
6 Gallium

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails/Product/xps-12-9q33?driverId=4PTJG&osCod...

BIOS revision A02 has been confirmed to resolve the wake from sleep issue with this system.

Hope is resolves your issue too.

DaGeezerUS

#Iwork4Dell

Donald K

Inspiron E1505 Windows 10 / XPS 10 Windows RT

Dimension 8400 Windows 7/8

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
matthewcanty
2 Bronze

I have this same problem. Very happy that I am not alone. 

I am hoping for a resolution soon. As its worth noting that sleep does still drain the battery and this would be a very useful feature to have.

The track pad issue is also annoying, I've found it's when you reach the top of the track pad. But that maneuver is kind of inevitable. 

0 Kudos
vac59
2 Bronze

Think I have a problem with the A02 update. After I flashed the bios now the Rapid Start Technology setting in the BIOS is disabled, grayed out so not configurable. It used to toggle between enabled and disabled. Is this how the BIOS should behave now?

0 Kudos
vac59
2 Bronze

Think I have a problem with the A02 update. After I flashed the bios now the Rapid Start Technology setting in the BIOS is disabled, grayed out so not configurable. It used to toggle between enabled and disabled. Is this how the BIOS should behave now?

0 Kudos
DELL-Terry B
DellEMC

vac59,  do you have the IRST software installed on your system?

Are any others noticing that IRST is greyed out in the BIOS after updating to A02?

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
the_rev_again
2 Bronze

Hi. I have a similar but subtly different issue. It is not greyed out, but if I change it, it reverts to disabled. Again, this may be the intention ie to ensure that the IRST is hard disabled pending a further BIOS update!

For Dell's reference I'm giving the entire sequence here as there were some hiccups en route.

1. Flushed BIOS (IRST software was installed and running, but I had disabled IRST in the A01 BIOS)

2. Rebooted ... I got an error to say that my power supply was incompatible and couldn't be detected etc

3. Tried rebooting a few times, and got the same error

4. Also noticed that while not greyed out, whenever I changed the BIOS setting of the IRST it didn't save it, but simply went back to disabled (I also got the IRST not enabled message reported earlier)

5. Noticed an error.log file that said "Error 8772: Invalid usage, -allowsv switch required to update the same version firmware"

6. Flushed BIOS a second time

7. It fixed the power supply error message

8. BUT I still cannot change the BIOS setting for the IRST ... it is not greyed out in the BIOS, but if I change it, or restore to defaults etc, it does not survive the reboot as a BIOS entry

9. I CAN change other BIOS variables okay

0 Kudos