Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2017 11:00

No sound after Windows 10 update AND I get an error message when I try to install Dell System Detect

I have an Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1 and i frequently lose sound after system updates. Normally I just uninstalled the Conexant SmartAudio component and driver, reboot and the new driver magically appears. Not so this time. So I went to Dell to find the right driver. They require I install their System Detect software but I get an error message (see below). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.15063.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
dfdll.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetect.application
Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
Deployment Provider url : downloads.dell.com/.../dellsystemdetect.application
Application url : downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetect.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : DellSystemDetect.application, Version=8.5.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=831211ca63b981c5, processorArchitecture=msil
Application Identity : DellSystemDetect.exe, Version=8.5.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=831211ca63b981c5, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
* Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetect.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/8/2017 10:52:49 AM] : Activation of downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetect.application has started.
* [6/8/2017 10:52:49 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [6/8/2017 10:52:49 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [6/8/2017 10:52:49 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [6/8/2017 10:52:55 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [6/8/2017 10:52:55 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
* [6/8/2017 10:53:00 AM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
* [6/8/2017 10:53:00 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/8/2017 10:53:09 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CollectCrossGroupApplications(Uri codebaseUri, DefinitionIdentity deploymentIdentity, Boolean& identityGroupFound, Boolean& locationGroupFound, String& identityGroupProductName)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 8th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 13 7000 series

What is the model number please?

4 Posts

June 8th, 2017 14:00

Inspiron 13 7353

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 9th, 2017 06:00

o I went to Dell to find the right driver. They require I install their System Detect software

You can go straight to the driver's page and download it. Conexant 8.65.135.91 for Win 10 64-bit, for Inspiron 7353.

If you need other drivers, you can links to all of them on the Inspiron 7353 html page.

4 Posts

June 9th, 2017 08:00

Jim, thanks for the link! That helped a lot. BTW, any idea what that error message is saying? I think I have some sort of setting issue in my computer b/c it's not the first time I've seen something like that.

Again, many thanks for your help!

Gail

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 9th, 2017 10:00

Gail, sorry but those kind of issues are outside of my area.

It could be a setting, but I have found that Dell's applications hardly ever work right, or sometimes at all, for me.

No Events found!