Highlighted
Yun Fook
1 Copper

No sound detected on Vostro 1220 - Windows 7

Hi,

I have a Vostro 1220 with Windows 7 installed. Since there's no driver for audio/modem for windows 7, I downloaded the windows vista 32bits. Unfortunately, when installing the audio and modem I got an error messgae "Driver Installation Failed: could not find the modem/audio device for this driver"

The weird thing is, there's no sound driver tree in my Device Manager.

I've run the . It can detect the hardware. But, when I try to run the Audio test, it only list down "Software Reset Test".

What do you think is the problem?  The BIOS is already the latest version v1.3.0.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: No sound detected on Vostro 1220 - Windows 7

Yun Fook,

Unfortunately, you will need the Windows 7 drivers for the system.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
Yun Fook
1 Copper

Thanks Jesse for the feedback.

But, I couldn't find the Windows 7 audio/modem driver from the Vostro 1220 support pages below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/my/en/mybsd1/product-support/product/vostro-1220/drivers

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/vostro-1220.html

Could you help me point where can I find the driver for my audio & modem that is compatible with Windows 7 32 bits?

Regards,
Yun Fook

0 Kudos

Yun Fook,

There is no  modem in this computer. There is a Wireless Card and an Ethernet network card. For the audio you would use the native windows 7 drivers. 

To download and install the communications drivers you can click the link provided in the previous post and choose network. 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Yun Fook
1 Copper

Jesse,

I did opened the laptop case and found the Conexant RD02-D450 modem in it. But still, even I've downloaded the driver from the link in the previous post, I still unable to install it. The drive unable to find the media for it. Same goes to audio driver.

0 Kudos