Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2015 14:00

No touchscreen driver for Dell Inspiron 15 7558

I had a Dell Inspiron 15 7558 with a touch screen, and I did a clean install of Windows 10 to fix a virus. Afterwards, I found that none of the drivers on Dell's website include the touch screen. Does anyone know where I can find the touch screen driver for this laptop? If not, does anyone even know the model of touch screen it uses?

9.4K Posts

November 23rd, 2015 11:00

Hi Hystericallich,

Thanks for posting.

In researching this, I found the following which may be helpful:

http://www.eeti.com.tw/drivers_Win.html

Regards,
Robert

November 23rd, 2015 17:00

Robert,

Thank you for the attempt. Unfortunately, despite any combination of check boxes I choose during the installation, it does not work. The config utility the driver comes with does claim there is some PS2 controller, but I am not entirely convinced that is referring to my touch screen. 

Sincerely,

Raven King

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2015 06:00

Raven,

Did you try this already?

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

1. Click on Device Manager.
  2. In Device Manager, locate Touch Screen and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
  3. Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

-Robert

November 30th, 2015 17:00

Robert,

I did attempt this already, but there weren't any touchscreens found (both with and without the drivers you previously linked). I installed every driver Dell's website had for this computer, as I know that there can often be prerequisite drivers (like the serial bus driver). 
Thanks for your time in making that suggestion.

-Raven

December 1st, 2015 21:00

Actually to add, the driver does claim that this touchscreen is an egalax touchscreen. So the driver is definitely the closest step so far. I may have just configured something wrong, but I am not sure what. 

There is no Touch Screen device in device manager, but the driver does come up with this.

The hardware tab also mentions that the touch screen is resistive and has a firmware version of '2.1'

9.4K Posts

December 2nd, 2015 09:00

I apologize that this is taking so long to get resolved.  My suggestion would be to reinstall Quickset and look for an older driver that worked with your system before the upgrade. Then limit the updates from Microsoft and don't let it update your touchscreen drivers.

-Robert

December 2nd, 2015 13:00

Robert,

I apologize for my lack of clarity. This is the results I have managed to get out of the driver link you mentioned in your very first response. The system was never actually upgraded, it came with windows 10, and that was reinstalled. The original driver version is not known. If anyone has this computer and could verify what the original driver was, it would be very helpful. 

-Raven

No Events found!