Highlighted
e.e.maru
1 Copper

Not genuine

Since i bough this laptop , from shop , it was Dell Inspiron n5110 ,  i5 , 4gb ram , Nvidia gt 525m , really good pc and graphic card for 3D games .

It was good laptop for some time only , when i forgot password for laptop . i wanted to re- install windows , but i just figures out that the shop didnt gave me the re - install OS CD , it was windows 7 64 , when i went back to  shop and asked for re install windows , they did it , and after time i did all update , it appeared thet the windows is not genuine , which mean that the shop use OS CD not genuine , and also not giving back money or the original CD , when i Visited dell support center  and searched to how to activate windows , it needed COA LBL back of laptop , when i flipped laptop and didnt saw the COA LBL , which means the whole laptop is not original . . .

And bough this laptop in Bahrain was around 715.990 $ , and the original price  doesn't exceed 350 $ . . . , this happen specially at Dell Products in bahrain

Does Dell company have the authority to close those kind of shops here in Bahrain?

Hope you reply soon

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: Not genuine

Since i bough this laptop , from shop , it was Dell Inspiron n5110 ,  i5 , 4gb ram , Nvidia gt 525m , really good pc and graphic card for 3D games .

It was good laptop for some time only , when i forgot password for laptop . i wanted to re- install windows , but i just figures out that the shop didnt gave me the re - install OS CD , it was windows 7 64 , when i went back to  shop and asked for re install windows , they did it , and after time i did all update , it appeared thet the windows is not genuine , which mean that the shop use OS CD not genuine , and also not giving back money or the original CD , when i Visited dell support center  and searched to how to activate windows , it needed COA LBL back of laptop , when i flipped laptop and didnt saw the COA LBL , which means the whole laptop is not original . . .

And bough this laptop in Bahrain was around 715.990 $ , and the original price  doesn't exceed 350 $ . . . , this happen specially at Dell Products in bahrain

Does Dell company have the authority to close those kind of shops here in Bahrain?

Hope you reply soon

Thank you

First check under the battery for the COA. Microsoft supplied OEMs such as Dell with poor quality COAs which were prone to fading so Dell started placing them in places where there was less chance of them fading off, the battery compartment for instance protects them.

If you do find your COA you may attempt to change your product key and activate by phone. You may however wish to perform a clean installation if you don't trust the shop who reinstalled Windows 7 and you can do this by following Windows Reinstallation Guide

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos