Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2016 17:00

Not turning on and charging light goes off after connecting to pc

Hi I have dell inspiron n5010 laptop. Last night I had a issue of 7 beeps and not switching on. As per youtube video I turned on the laptop with beep sound and wrapped in a blanket and kept it beeping for 15 minutes. After that I switched off the laptop. Again when I turned it on, it does not turned on and also when I connected charging adapter , charging adapter light goes off automatically. I am not able to switch it on, please suggest needful.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 10th, 2016 04:00

There is a short circuit in the system -- it may be just the DC jack, which is what you need to replace first:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

If that doesn't solve the problem, you'll need a replacement system board.

2K Posts

September 10th, 2016 15:00

Hi SAWAN23,

As advised by ejn63, I would also suspect the dc port and if not the motherboard needs to be replaced on the system. 

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Personally, I would suggest you to invest your money on a new machine rather than to repair this system if the motherboard is at fault. However, this would be your discretion.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!