Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2017 10:00

Not waking from sleep

Inspiron 15 7000, Win 10

My laptop has always awoke from sleep mode by opening the lid, for the last week it has stopped doing it.

The keyboard and power button light but the screen does not, it just says black, eevn after using the keyboard.

All the Control Panel settings appear to be correct and unchanged from before.

Has anyone any ideas? Thanks

9.4K Posts

November 7th, 2017 07:00

There was a recent BIOS update for this model, perhaps that will solve your issue.

November 6th, 2017 16:00

Did Windows or DELL Command Update update your video driver? There is a chance that your current driver version causes such troubles.

50 Posts

November 7th, 2017 01:00

My laptop uses a Nvidia card and Nvidia updated the driver very recently.. I have been considering rolling it back. I am waiting an answer from them at the moment

50 Posts

November 7th, 2017 10:00

Tried rolling back the Nvidia driver, without success.

I will try the Bios update next.

1 Message

November 7th, 2017 13:00

Hi there!

I'm facing same issue and it is also started very recently. Rather than a black screen, I have a grey/white vertically striped screen. This is upsetting me a lot, since my machine is pretty new...

I'm afraid of updating the BIOS by myself. I was thinking about contacting DELL support. Let us see if that approach solves your problem.

Good luck and please, let us know the results.

Regards,

50 Posts

November 7th, 2017 14:00

Thanks Robert, the BIOS update has fixed it.

9.4K Posts

November 8th, 2017 05:00

Glad you were able to resolve this.  Thanks for posting back so other readers can see it.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!