Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2013 23:00

Nvdia Driver issues.

I recently uninstalled the Nvdia Driver from device manager and now im unable to reisntall it again. The Auto Detect wont work(on the Nvdia site), ive tried downloading the drivers from the manufacture(Dell this site) without any luck. I uninstalled my Intel driver and re installed and it worked. Im a complete lostat what to do. The downloadable drivers wont detect the hardware.  My video looks all messed up. The driver wont even how up device manager.  Maybe it's deactivated in the bios? Please help me.

Dell Xps 15z

GT 525m

Windows 7 64bit

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 23rd, 2013 00:00

Hi Cashton2101,

I would suggest you to uninstall the video card drivers on the system again. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the both graphics card device under display adapters and right click on it
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.
  8. After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the video card driver on the system for issue resolution. Download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system using the link below, please download Intel drivers first and install it, restart the system and then install the NVidia drivers for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Also, I’d suggest you to run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press to begin the PSA.
  4. Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

Please let me know if this helps.

Im going to uinstall Intel anyway, after i get the error codes as soon as i can.

The Nvdia driver isnt in the the dispaly tab in device manager. Only the Intel HD Graphics 3000 is listed.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 26th, 2013 16:00

Hi Cashton2101,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer and then run the hardware diagnostics again. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it. 

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know the findings.

August 26th, 2013 23:00

I updated the bios but the problem persists. The installer still refuses to detect the card.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 28th, 2013 11:00

Hi Cashton2101,

The operating system seems to be corrupted. I would suggest you to restore the Operating system to factory state or manual operating system re-installation. Please follow the steps mentioned below for performing the PC Restore on a Windows 7 computer.

1. Back up all the data from the computer before proceeding to next steps.
  2. Unplug all the devices including your printer, camera and memory stick.
  3. Restart the computer.
  4. Press the "F8" key repeatedly as soon as you see the Dell logo. Do not stop until you see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
  5. Press the down arrow and choose "Repair your computer." Hit "Enter."
  6. Select the keyboard layout "US" from the drop-down menu and click "OK."
  7. Log into your account as an administrator. Type in your password. Click "OK."
  8. Click "Dell Factory Image Restore" at the bottom of the options.
  9. Click "Next" in the window that opens.
  10. Click to check the box next to "Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition" to confirm and click "Next." This will generate an operation that will take about 45 minutes to complete. Click "Finish" when the process is complete to restart your computer.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!