Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2016 14:00

Nvidia M1000M not recognized after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi all,

I have a Precision 5510 with Intel Integrated graphics and Nvidia M1000M.  Everything has worked fine until this morning when I updated my Windows 10 using the routine Windows updater.  Now, I am unable to open the Nvidia Control Panel or select applications to use the more powerful Nvidia graphics card.  The system acts like it does not recognize the card.  All my drivers and BIOS are up to date, but I reinstalled my Nvidia drivers nonetheless (from Dell) using a clean install.  Still no luck.  I also ran the component troubleshooter and it was able to test the card, but I wasn't ever given a report on it's status because the browser froze while the report was being generated.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?  I really need to be able to run the Nvidia card on my machine to power some graphics intensive operations.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Erich

3 Posts

September 19th, 2016 15:00

Hi again,

Just a quick follow-up, I checked the BIOS settings and only the integrated Intel graphics card is shown yet the Nvidia card still is recognized in the device manager (even though I can't use it).  I'm at a loss what is wrong and I just hope the card itself or the motherboard are not malfunctioning.

No Events found!